• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Hi

D

darkplace27

Hi just wanted to say hello, im hoping by reading about others and talking about my problems it might help.

I have been depressed since I was a teenager, I had a break down 7 years ago and was put on citalopram, I did somee couselling and it got a little better. Last year things got worse on the surface things should have been great I was married we recently had a baby boy and I got a promotion at work nice house and nice cars. for various reasons I got more and more depressed i went back to the doctor and she upped my dose to 60mg aday. This still didn't help, and I made a mistake and wrecked my marriage. I started self harming and cutting myself witha stanley knife. People found out I had another break down and was signed off work medication changed to 225mg venlafaxine and put on proppranolol and tamazepam. almost a year on im divorced, declaring myself bankcrupt the house is repossesed in two weeks time im being taken to court by my ex for 30grand her parents gave us as a gift to help by the house. and trying to get access to my son. I feel empty lonely and desperate and like theres a hole of darkness inside that is sucking all the light in and making me feel so low. Im so tiered of feeling like this. Im going to the doctors later and going to ask for more couselling to see if that will help.

Sorry for the long story

Thanks

B

Blondie

Oh dear and welcome.So you are unhappy with life whether it is going great or a nightmare?Hmmm?I think you should give counselling another shot.Maybe the counsellor you had before you did not connect with?I hope others on here can advise you properly hun xx

D

darkplace27

Oh dear and welcome.So you are unhappy with life whether it is going great or a nightmare?Hmmm?I think you should give counselling another shot.Maybe the counsellor you had before you did not connect with?I hope others on here can advise you properly hun xx

Thank you.

Things looked great but they wern't I was unhappy in my marriage to a partner now I realise was incredibly controling and the promotion at work was a step to high and I couldn't achieve the results required. The big house and cars weren't paid for and we were stretched to the limit money wise. I felt trapped useless and that nobody understood how scared I was/am. I tried to talk to my wife but she hasn't ever been through any thing like it so she said she didn't understand its wasn't her fault its just dificult for some one to understand and get there head around when they haven't been through it them selves.

Thank you for your kind words

keepsafe

keepsafe

:welcome: to the forum, sorry you are having and have been through such difficult times. Hope that you can get some more therapy.

KS

raven

raven

I read what had happened to you and felt such sadness for you. *gentle hugs* I think therapy would be a good starting point I hope it works. Keep posting.

Raven

D

darkplace27

I read what had happened to you and felt such sadness for you. *gentle hugs* I think therapy would be a good starting point I hope it works. Keep posting.

Raven
Thank you for your kind words, The doctor has put me on the waiting list for couselling so hoping that might help.