• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Hi.

M

MIA

Hi everyone,

Not sure Im strictly eligible to use this site, as not yet got a diagnosis. Im 22 and have a 5 month old daughter. My history is complicated, I have been depressed on and off for as long as I can remember, I think due to the fact I grew up in an abusive situation.

I normally go on antidepressants for a month and then suddenyl feel better about everything and start to think I can just pull myself out of it, and stop taking them. Only the last timethis happened I was on 40mg Citalopram for 1 month, then a family member took me back to the docs to say my moods were erratic and I never listened to anyone in conversation. Basically had been displaying symptoms of bipolar disorder, and looking back its clear I was on an extreme high, but with smaller episodes of thinking of throwing myslef out into the road when walking places etc.

So went to see a psych who couldnt diagnose me at that time (but looking back I wasnt in the right frame of mind to be explaining everything properly). He did say he wanted me to see another psych though, and that he thought I might have Cyclothymia, which I hadnt heard of at the time.

Anyway, instead of going back to psych I decided to move counties 3 times, and only stopped moving around the country as I had moved in with my grandparents and they wouldnt let me! So got a job, was sleeping around 3 hours per night, started going out at least 4 times a week, often nerly every night. Developed a cocaine habit, lost my job, got kicked out of a house Id moved into with students for being "too much". Eventually met my partner now (also a cocaine user at the time) and in my wisdom ! decided to get pregnant. Got pregnant and settled down, stopped all alcohol, drugs etc, felt fine up until a couple of months ago, then started to notice my moods had gone a bit skew-wiff again. Liek trying to suggest to OH that we should break up etc, when that is NOT what I want at all.

So went back to GP, told him I had had a previous referral and needed to be reffered again as I hadnt followed it up at the time. Waiting on a CPN being assigned to me, its taking forever and my moods are quite erratic at the moment. So thought Id join here to see if I can get some support.

lal10

lal10

Hi and :welcome:

Firstly can I say well done for getting through some very though times! I have found this site very supportive and I'm sure you will too. There are so many people with a huge variety of experiences here and the site is set out so you can post under specific conditions/experiences which I have found excellent.

Stay strong and keep in touch

Best wishes
Lal
xxx

M

MIA

Thanks for welcoming me lal, :hug:

Should I be posting in the bipolar section if its relating to this? As they said they weren't sure if it was Bipolar or Cyclothymia?

Cyclothymia is in the Bipolar family anyway I think.

lal10

lal10

I don't know anything about cyclothymia I'm afraid but if it's in the bipolar family then it would probably the best place or in the other conditions/experiences section.

B

Blondie

Hello Mia,I'm new to.I know you have history but could you be suffering from Post natal depression?You maybe more susceptible to this because of your past?Just a suggestion.I'm here because my 17 year old daughter has a terminal illness,bummer hey?See her picture on the justgiving link.I hope because you now have a child they will give you the strength to pull through.I wish you well hun xxx

M

MIA

Yeah maybe, I dont know. Im kind of scared to go on anti deppressants though since they make me go loopy :-S

Still no CPN.

M

MIA

Just a quick update on me, I went to see my GP who had prescribed me citalopram, I took only one tablet and 4 hours later my partner had to tell me to calm down. I was erratic, talking lots, not really listening, hyperactive, sexually aggressive, all within the space of 4 hours!

So I have been back to report the reaction and have been prescribed fluoxetine, Im now on my second day of taking them and haven't gone off on one as of yet! I cant describe how pleased I am about that. Thanks for your advice

MIA x