• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Hi

A

Abaluki

Hi,

i am 31 and have just moved into my own house after living for a year with some close friends of mine who pretty much saved me from myself. I have a history of self destructive behaviour.

The problem is, now i am in my own home i am not really seeing people and as much as my friend texts me daily it still feels really isolated. i find i am coming home from work and spend my evenings in bed watching a film or playing a game on my phone. is this normal?

I am now finding it difficult to focus on work during the day also, what is going on with me?

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Kerome

Kerome

It's well known that social isolation often makes mental problems worse, so you may be falling victim to that. You might have been used to a certain level of regular social support from your house mates, and now that it's no longer there you're starting to notice consequences. It's probably a good idea to discuss it with your pdoc (if you have one) or GP, and keep an eye out for other symptoms such as sleeplessness, depression, fluctuations in your energy level and so on.

Oh and :welcome: ;)

*autumn*

*autumn*

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Hi Abaluki,

Welcome :)