• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

hi

K

kazza

hi,I'm Karen, on and off situational depression, years of self-harming, now in recovery x

K

kazza

For info, I had a father who commited suicide and I was then in a very abusive relationship. I went crazy, with emmotional and mental,stress, but with excellent immediate help and counselling, I got to a better place, 10 years on I still suffer from nerves, head voices, and am quite reclusive, though I work full time and bring up 2 children alone. I take anti depressive meds, but no more anti-phychotics or diazepam, I fight any negative thoughts and know my life is in my own hands and things can get better. It was a hideous fight, but the day I started pacing 24/7 was the day I screamed for help and got it. As I only succumed to illness aged 30 ( now 40) I had known normality and knew it was still mine if I fought, so I fought. My uncle was schizophrenic and died aged 50 surrounded by cans of dog food he had been surviving on for months, that was never going to happen to me as I had 2 children to fight for, so I fought and now I have more peace, but by god I took all the help on offer, for my own sanity and survival. Karen xx