• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Hi

L

Laitch

Hi All

I'm a 47 year old female, married and living in N.Hertfordshire, embarking on another round of therapy combined with a change of meds so feeling very vulnerable right now. This is the first time I've joined a forum and opened up online, apart from several therapists over the years and those very near to me, I've been pretty much solo for the last twenty something years.

Currently awaiting diagnosis, but starting a workshop of CBT's next week so hoping to develop some useful coping strategies and hopeful for the outcome. I have recently changed meds from Cipralex 30mg to Mirtazapine 45mg and to be honest I feel no different to how I did before, slightly raised panic levels and a little more depressed than before but the GP is keen for me to kick on.

Anyway, that's me in a tiny nutshell. Looking forward to "meeting" you all and being as useful as I can where I can.

Cheers
Lou :)

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

Welcome to the forum Lou. :hi:
Hope the CBT helps you.
Mirtazipine is an odd choice for an anti-depressant.. it helped me sleep but not much else. Still, I suppose it's early days and hopefully things will start to feel better soon.

D

DavidC

Hi Laitch
:welcome:
I'm a newbie here too. Only joined last night and have found it a very friendly place. I hope you find the support and info you need here.
I take Mirtazapine too at 30mg at night, its antidepressant effects are subtle. I take 75mg of velinafaxine(effexor) in the morning. I have found the combo of the two very effective.

L

Laitch

Hi SS and David, thanks for the welcome :)

My initial consult with the GP was a potted history and a complaint of not being able to sleep so that was why I was given Mirtazapine. The assessor I saw a couple of weeks ago is waiting to see if I can get an appointment with a psychiatrist to discuss meds options so I'm hanging in there for now. Am sleeping like a log now though to the extent where I'm nodding off at 9.30 some evenings - a nice change from being tormented by repetitive thought trails until the early hours!

*autumn*

*autumn*

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Am sleeping like a log now though to the extent where I'm nodding off at 9.30 some evenings
Wow, may I have your routine for a little? Welcome laitch! I'm on setraline 50mg a day. Lovely to meet you, it's beautiful here, it rains all sorts of colours :grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

*autumn*

*autumn*

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Am sleeping like a log now though to the extent where I'm nodding off at 9.30 some evenings
Wow, may I have your routine for a little?
Welcome laitch! I'm on sertraline 50mg a day.
Lovely to meet you, it's beautiful here, it rains all sorts of colours :grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

Davey Blueeyes

Davey Blueeyes

:welcome:

Hello! Thank God you're here!

I've been on all the antidepressants and found them to be more antisex than anything else.

Then they told me I was bipolar and I should be on antidepressants. Helpful lot really.

I'm now on more chemicals than a 1970's pop star, I wouldn't recommend it. However I heartily recommend this place! So dive in and have fun

Davey x

L

Laitch

Thanks autumnalsprinkles and Davey :)

Feeling a bit better about everything already just from reading the posts on here and seeing the support you give each other :)