• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Hi To All

M

mixed up me

Hi my name is Lucy and Im 46 and live in Coventry. I am diagnosed with Borderline and Anti Social Personality Disorder (not much hope really) lol. I was having therapy at a personality disorder unit here in Cov but then suddenly the experts decided that if they progressed any further with therapy it would actually make me worse so I was discharged with no further help. Although I have had this condition for many years and have managed for several years to work and live a relatively normal life I feel angry at the experts who just dumped me. I am an intelligent person who finds relationships very difficult even on a friendship level but although I choose to isolate myself I do feel very alone at times. My life has been very traumatic and very complicated but I am still here and still fighting against depressive thoughts and feelings sometimes. I feel it would have been better not to have been offered treatment than to have started it and then had it stopped. I am just looking to communicate with other people who understand what "it's like" so to speak. I will shut up now lol but I look forward to making some soul mates
Lucy

M

mixed up me

Thanks

Thanks starfish I sure hope to. Its good to know I am not on my own :)

B

Blondie

Hello and welcome.I would go back to your doctors and tell them what you said here!

J

jigsaw puzzle

Hi Lucy

I wish you all the best on this site, as I am receiving support from fellow members too. I'm currently receiving counselling therapy for quite a traumatic incident which occured over two years back, that I've only had the courage to seek help when I've needed it the most and pressure from work and family commitments were proving too much and I was having public breakdowns.

I realise how important therapy is to me as I feel it is helping me a great deal and to have it taken away because it is deemed unsupportive - sounds like a right slap in the face. I can only imagine how you feel, to be told that you have been diagnosed with something, and it's something you cannot provide therapy for yourself, and then to be told that you don't need that therapy and then there is no service to provide help in return sounds so demoralising - if you don't mind me saying that.

Do you mind me asking if it's the NHS doctors/ services that have decided that this therapy is not helping? Have you considered searching private therapy? Maybe it might cost a little, but looking after your physical and mental self is your number one priority. It ashames me that you have gone through this terrible service and you are left with seemingly nowhere to turn.

Are there any charities that are local to you, like MIND that could provide any services. Sometimes drop in sessions where you can discuss problems with people with similar problems may help. Along with that, you may be able to get sessions with someone one-to-one.

I hope maybe just the friendly essay I've written helps, as I understand how frustrating it is if you've already tried that option. However, I also acknowledge that any opinions help a great deal as they feel so supportive.

J. Puzzle.