Hi, this is the first time I have done this...

J

Joshua

As I said this is the first time I have done this. I was pointed in this direction by a friend who has helped me out alot in the past few months. I don't really know how to say this. But I self harm quite badly. I won't go into specifics but it's bad. I feel like I have nothing in my life, that I have nowhere to run to. I am ashamed of myself. I have been taking things on the chin all my life and giving it back but I just can't do it anymore. Everyone who knows me thinks I am a narcissistic cold hearted arse hole if you will excuse the language. Maybe I am slightly narcissistic but I just don't want people near me. I find the majority of people awful. Only my friend knows about the self harming. I am going to my GP tomorrow to see if he can refer me to a psychiatrist or even just a counsellor. It's been so hard to write this out. I have never told anyone about how I feel in my self apart from said friend. So any reply would be good really. Thanks for listening, Josh.

J

jelly bean

Hi and welcome to this community

You should get lots of support from people in this community as I believe there are a lot of people who self harm one being myself. I done really well coming here and talking to us. I would just like to say I hope you the best and hope your doctor gives you the support you need. Keep us updated on how you get on

R

rain and roses

hi josh.

welcome to the forum. i hope you find support here. congrats on going to the gp. its a big step and one you should be proud of. i am sorry to here you are so down, i hope things will improve soon

xx

J

John Thomas

Good luck with your GP tomorrow Joshua. My advice is just be honest with him or her as hard as it seems because that is the only way to get any real benefit out of treatment.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A Self Harm Forum 5