• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

We are an actively moderated forum. We work hard to keep the forum safe.

To access many more features and forums please register now

Hi, this is a late introduction.

A

Agag

With the voices I hear there is the added thing of physical activity of people and cars so that can be overwhelming but I've learnt it's just about mental and emotional pressure and not to physically do anything.

With the anger stage I went through, I think it was helpful because it stopped the familiarity/friendly thing the voices would do - when they are on the other hand literally torturing me.

I believe I'm doing better now because their authority over me is getting weaker but only because I accept their capabilities, i.e, that I have to go about living with these people on shifts pretending to be Schizophrenia.

A

Agag

Hi @Agag

Have you come across this organisation:

In London there are some 34 Hearing Voices Groups which support people who experience hearing voices.

Thanks for reminding me. I do now know about them. I found out the majority of the UK ones are run by MIND and it seems with the London ones they want you to go to the one in your borough.

Anyway, I self referred but unfortunately Covid/Corona got in the way. However as things start to open up again maybe they'll look at my application next week onwards.

Zero One

Zero One

I have been going through it just over 6 years. I've gone past the illegal without my permission psycho/counselling stage and the causing me to go through anger stage now it feels like I'm being moved into some other stage.

Can I ask if you also feel like cars/people in public are in some way interacting with you - like I will go outside and it's like the cars that I see do just enough to let me know I'm basically not free.
This used to happen to me, started off with little stories then en masse across a large geographical region.

A

Agag

This used to happen to me, started off with little stories then en masse across a large geographical region.
Yep, everywhere I go. For sanity sake I've started to think they are doing it to several people at a time. Cause sometimes I'll set out and think 'what on earth.' However, not to show of but some incredible sad things have happened to me.

Cyborg101

Cyborg101

With the voices I hear there is the added thing of physical activity of people and cars so that can be overwhelming but I've learnt it's just about mental and emotional pressure and not to physically do anything.

With the anger stage I went through, I think it was helpful because it stopped the familiarity/friendly thing the voices would do - when they are on the other hand literally torturing me.

I believe I'm doing better now because their authority over me is getting weaker but only because I accept their capabilities, i.e, that I have to go about living with these people on shifts pretending to be Schizophrenia.
Don’t pretend to be schizophrenic they will have you on all sorts of 💩 tablets. BTW have any tablets they given you worked?

A

Agag

No I can never sleep in the day...sorry didn’t see coz someone else text
I know how powerful they can be at torturing you through the night. It's like they sit on your chest making you feel uncomfortable while also torturing you mentally with things you don' want to think about. They can physically mess with your body as well as emotionally and mentally.

A

Agag

Don’t pretend to be schizophrenic they will have you on all sorts of 💩 tablets. BTW have any tablets they given you worked?
Lol, it's the people behind the voices that are pretending to be Schizophrenia not me.

I have the diagnosis paranoid schizophrenia but I did hear an ambulance man say it was just Schizophrenia - maybe they upgraded me.

I was refusing meds but cause my melt downs from last December were upsetting my daughters, I agreed to take them. I've been on Rispiridone and now Olanzapine. non of them have taken away the voices.

It's funny cause there is nothing wrong with me. In the 6 years of hearing voices I've gained a certificate in counselling and qualified as a learning assistant and also got a level 3 as a post 16 teacher.