Hi there

DancingInk

DancingInk

So, I'm new here then...

I've been suffering from different mental health problems for almost all my life. I am 23 now. When I was a teenager I started self harming and became bulimic. I've started having panic attacks a few years ago and been diagnosed with BPD a couple of weeks ago.

It takes a lot, but the self harm has basically stopped. The urge is still there, and it scares me. I still struggle to eat normally. My panic attacks don't happen as often now, but they are severe. Being diagnosed with BPD has been a shock but it explains a lot, too.

I am looking for support and answers. Having a mental health problem makes me feel alone and like an outsider. I think talking to people who not only understand but know what this feels like will help me. And I want to help others.

So that's me :)

Last edited by a moderator:
calypso

calypso

Admin
Hia DancingInk and :welcome: to the forum. I think you will find a lot who can relate to you on here. There are quite a few people diagnosed with BPD.

Have you ever been offered DBT, (Dialectical Behaviour Therapy) which was created for people living with BPD?

Sunshine & Showers

Sunshine & Showers

Hello dancing ink

Nice to meet you and welcome to the forum :)

I'm sure you will find lots of support here. I can relate to some of what you have said, I get panic attacks and also SH. Hope you find the forum helpful. :)

Big hugs x x x

DancingInk

DancingInk

Hey, thanks for welcoming me :)

No, calypso, I haven't started therapy yet. I'm with an assessment team now and they told me think about starting with psychodynamic therapy. I'm quite scared, really, but if it helps...