• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Hi there

S

Surviving Butterfly

Founding Member
I am a teacher who lost her sister to suicide last year, and saw her best friend lose her husband to suicide while she was 5 months pregnant. Both of us watched our loved ones battle their mental health issues for years.

I am close to my sister's anniversary and over the year i have gained much help from joining a local Suicide support group called SOBS.

I am hoping to get more involved with that to help people who have gone through what i have.

I am not sure i can support people with mental health but i can help their carers i guess and i can ofcourse empathise with those who are bereaved.

I am currently writing to the BBC regarding their current suicide story in Casualty in the hope they will deal with it appropriately.

I have also discovered that someone started a goverment petition for support for those bereaved by suicide. i didn't start it but i have since passed it around and are hoping that people here will sign it and pass it to everyone they can.
It still has two months left to run and i think it could go somewhere if people sign it.

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/losttosuicide/

I hope to have great discussions with people here.

I will also be posting details about the sobs group in the eastmidlands section and more detail over the post to the BBC.
I will be trying not to cross post - but i just hope to reach a few places if not everyone reads the same forums.

Many thanks.

xxxxxx

Last edited:
Rorschach

Rorschach

Founding Member
Welcome SB!!!!! This is as much a place for supporters and carers as it is for 'we few...we potty few...'

Did you know that the symbol of Psyche is a butterfly!!!!

:welcome:

S

Surviving Butterfly

Founding Member
Thank you!!

Lol i could be considered "potty" myself at times so i am sure to fit in in one description or another lol.

And yes i did know about the butterfly thing.

the reason i chose it those is because seeing a butterfly means there is an angel near by - and the day my sister died, one appeared in our window - so i absolutely believe it lol.
She also loved butterflies.

D

Dollit

Glad you got here Surviving Butterfly - you're most welcome. :welcome:

Fedup

Fedup

Founding Member
Hello and :welcome: Surviving Butterfly :)

Hope you like it here .