• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Hi there

S

Surviving Butterfly

Founding Member
I am a teacher who lost her sister to suicide last year, and saw her best friend lose her husband to suicide while she was 5 months pregnant. Both of us watched our loved ones battle their mental health issues for years.

I am close to my sister's anniversary and over the year i have gained much help from joining a local Suicide support group called SOBS.

I am hoping to get more involved with that to help people who have gone through what i have.

I am not sure i can support people with mental health but i can help their carers i guess and i can ofcourse empathise with those who are bereaved.

I am currently writing to the BBC regarding their current suicide story in Casualty in the hope they will deal with it appropriately.

I have also discovered that someone started a goverment petition for support for those bereaved by suicide. i didn't start it but i have since passed it around and are hoping that people here will sign it and pass it to everyone they can.
It still has two months left to run and i think it could go somewhere if people sign it.

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/losttosuicide/

I hope to have great discussions with people here.

I will also be posting details about the sobs group in the eastmidlands section and more detail over the post to the BBC.
I will be trying not to cross post - but i just hope to reach a few places if not everyone reads the same forums.

Many thanks.

xxxxxx

Last edited:
Rorschach

Rorschach

Founding Member
Welcome SB!!!!! This is as much a place for supporters and carers as it is for 'we few...we potty few...'

Did you know that the symbol of Psyche is a butterfly!!!!

:welcome:

S

Surviving Butterfly

Founding Member
Thank you!!

Lol i could be considered "potty" myself at times so i am sure to fit in in one description or another lol.

And yes i did know about the butterfly thing.

the reason i chose it those is because seeing a butterfly means there is an angel near by - and the day my sister died, one appeared in our window - so i absolutely believe it lol.
She also loved butterflies.

D

Dollit

Glad you got here Surviving Butterfly - you're most welcome. :welcome:

Fedup

Fedup

Founding Member
Hello and :welcome: Surviving Butterfly :)

Hope you like it here .