• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Hi there, super depressed over here :/

R

Rippedtshirt

Hi,
I’ve been crying daily since at least 11/25/2019 - that’s when I started keeping track. Last spring, I took a 6 week break from therapy, and when I tried to return, my therapist of 8 yrs told me, “I’m sorry, I’m not accepting new patients right now.” I felt super abandoned, as I’d taken breaks before, and never had a problem. Only once I had to do paperwork again bc it had been over a year. She referred me to someone that I never clicked with - I felt “summed up,” and not really listened to. As a result, I was not fully truthful with her, nor did I feel supported. I told her how I felt, in an effort to “fix” things with her, but she suggested i see someone else if I didn’t like seeing her. She offered no referral. I don’t think I was a “bad” patient. I’m just…depressed. I have a friend who has recently been diagnosed with bipolar 1. He’s been extremely hurtful to me many times, but also he seems to “get me” in ways that no one else does. I am just super confused and hurt. I’m angry about my experience with therapy and am hesitant to try again. Idk if this person is actually a friend - how do I know what is the “bipolar talking,” and what is him? I’m just…sad all the time. I feel like I am making life for my family and pets a misery, just by being a black cloud, but I know they would tell me I’m not. I don’t have a good support network at all, and never really have :/ so thank you for being here, and thanks to anyone who read this long and rambling message :)

B

Bod

Former member
Hi Rippedshirt, welcome to the forum I do hope that you will be able to settle here as we are all helpful and caring.

D

Doodles5880

Welcome! I can relate! I am horrible as a pet owner this past year. I can’t get into a therapist with COVID and insurance issues. I don’t have anyone to talk to or any support. I’m a big black cloud ~ so NOT like my old personality. I did genetic testing (months ago when I would leave my bed), and there is no medication that will react well with me. I stay in bed 24/7, it’s hard to go from bed to shower, I feel empty inside. I have anxiety issues, but nothing makes me laugh anymore. No joy. I have insomnia so no relief even for nighttime. I don’t know what happened or why, but I feel as if I had friends on here we could encourage each other.

Northern Girl

Northern Girl

Hi and welcome to the Forum.

Sorry for what happened with your Therapist.

I hope being on the Forum helps you. It is a safe place with kind people.

X

Xtrac3yX

@Rippedtshirt first of all hello there and welcome I'm sorry ur having a tough time and I hope things get better for u