• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Hi there, new poster here

L

longside

Hi there, my name is Phill, I'm 32 years old and I currently work full time,

I came here looking for help and advice as im lost for what to do,
my friend who is also my ex partner has a few mental health conditions that I need to learn so I can be there and support her, can someone point me in the right direction for help also it might help me too learning all I can about it as im starting to believe I also suffer from something, when I was a child I had a bad case of ADD, which I feel affects me still to this day,

so I look forward to all your help and reading all the stories on here

regards
Phill

*autumn*

*autumn*

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Hi Longside and welcome to the forum.
There is lots of support here :)
Sprinkles

Purple Chaos

Purple Chaos

Hi Phill and welcome.

There are lots of areas on the forum covering the various mental health illnesses and disorders. If you can't find what you're looking for or need help with anything, don't hesitate to ask. We're all very supportive here :)

V

Viktoria

Welcome to the forum, I hope you'll find it to be supportive x

R

Rose19602

Hi Phil,

:welcome: from me too! I'm one of the forum guides...our names are in pink!....if you need any help settling in or have any questions feel free to contact me.

If you know which condition your partner has, we could guide you to appropriate information and a sub-forum on here?

x

coldwater00

coldwater00

Hi there, my name is Phill, I'm 32 years old and I currently work full time,

I came here looking for help and advice as im lost for what to do,
my friend who is also my ex partner has a few mental health conditions that I need to learn so I can be there and support her, can someone point me in the right direction for help also it might help me too learning all I can about it as im starting to believe I also suffer from something, when I was a child I had a bad case of ADD, which I feel affects me still to this day,

so I look forward to all your help and reading all the stories on here

regards
Phill
I also have something that feels a bit like ADHD, although I think it probably worsened after antipsychotics made my brain lazier. Stimulating the nervous system can be helpful - I use nicotine patches, it's really helped my concentration/moods.

L

longside

Hi Phil,

:welcome: from me too! I'm one of the forum guides...our names are in pink!....if you need any help settling in or have any questions feel free to contact me.

If you know which condition your partner has, we could guide you to appropriate information and a sub-forum on here?

x
hi there and thanks everyone for the welcomes :)

she suffers from emotional unstable personality disorder and depression, she is on Depakote, its very hard for me because I love her with all I am and it tears me up inside when she puts me down for little things or has a go at me for trying to do the right thing, yes I have done things that's not helped but so has she, the times she goes on one of her episodes im usually the focus and I lose my appetite and don't eat for ages, which in turn starts her off again on one, so you see im in need of help

RainbowHeartz

RainbowHeartz

hello and welcome

L

longside

I have no idea where to start, I need to get help so I can help her and hopefully regain what is fading fast

Wiseowl

Wiseowl

Hi longside and welcome to the forum. :welcome:

Purple Chaos

Purple Chaos

I have no idea where to start, I need to get help so I can help her and hopefully regain what is fading fast
Hi,

I just wondered, what kind of help are you looking for? Is it for yourself or your friend, or is it just to learn more about her mental health issues?

L

longside

sorry I should of said in my 1st post, I'm after help with learning about her mental health issues, im clueless at the moment on it and I want to know more so I can help and support her

Purple Chaos

Purple Chaos

No worries. Messages can seem quite ambiguous at times so thank you for clarfying that. I don't know if you've found any of the information you're looking for on the forum, but these areas would be a good start:

Information re emotionally unstable personality disorder, also known as 'borderline personality disorder', here: EUPD

The same for depression which can be found here: Depression

Have a good read through but, if you can't find the information you're looking for, don't hesitate to start your own thread with any questions you might have.

If you need any further help, let me know.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R Introduce Yourself 5
I Introduce Yourself 4
N Introduce Yourself 7
Meli Introduce Yourself 13
L Introduce Yourself 6