• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Hi there, I'm new and a bit afraid.

B

BatmanYNWA

Hi guys,

I'm new here, actually I am new to any sort of forum.

Also, I'm a bit afraid, guess that's one of the things I want to learn to deal with, along with my childhood limited beliefs, of feeling not good enough, fear of failure or not amounting to anything.

I end up always self sabotaging.

I just want to reach out with others who have been through this too or are going through this now, hoping that we can support and learn from each other to make things better, to make us better.

But I don't know how and where to begin, this fear just doesn't go away.

Sorry if I have already said or done things incorrectly.

Thank you.

stygianiron222

stygianiron222

i often feel like im not good enough. would you like to chat in PMs?

R

RayHendrix

Hi guys,

I'm new here, actually I am new to any sort of forum.

Also, I'm a bit afraid, guess that's one of the things I want to learn to deal with, along with my childhood limited beliefs, of feeling not good enough, fear of failure or not amounting to anything.

I end up always self sabotaging.

I just want to reach out with others who have been through this too or are going through this now, hoping that we can support and learn from each other to make things better, to make us better.

But I don't know how and where to begin, this fear just doesn't go away.

Sorry if I have already said or done things incorrectly.

Thank you.
Hi and welcome :)
Well, just go at your own pace, step by step and try to slowly leave your fears behind :hug:

J

JeanPierre

A very long time ago a therapist once told me the reason I self sabotaged was because I was the adult child of an alcoholic.
This one sentence changed my life. It did not fix me but it gave me the information I needed to start the journey of healing the inner child.
Now there is google and YouTube.
Hope this helps!

UpnDwn1978

UpnDwn1978

Forum Guide
Hi BatmanYNWA welcome to the forum :welcome:

B

BatmanYNWA

A very long time ago a therapist once told me the reason I self sabotaged was because I was the adult child of an alcoholic.
This one sentence changed my life. It did not fix me but it gave me the information I needed to start the journey of healing the inner child.
Now there is google and YouTube.
Hope this helps!
That's what I too have experienced, being the eldest child and often made to feel that I wasn't good enough, always was belittled by my parent, told I won't amount to anything and not capable of anything, no matter how much I tried, that this voice has stuck into my head and I have been told that I keep repeating this story again and again, even though I am in a good place I tend to feel like I don't deserve what I have.

Thank you for the advice, I just want to quieten that inner child who feels like this and be able to tell myself that I do deserve the things I have and that I too am allowed to be happy and loved, that I'm not a failure and I don't need to be afraid.

J

JeanPierre

Exactly. A parent doesn't realize the way you speak to your children is the voice they hear the rest of their lives.
*it takes doing and time but tell that inner child to come out into the sun and that he is worthy of being loved and cherished. Give him everything you did not get.
Best luck ✌

B

BatmanYNWA

Exactly. A parent doesn't realize the way you speak to your children is the voice they hear the rest of their lives.
*it takes doing and time but tell that inner child to come out into the sun and that he is worthy of being loved and cherished. Give him everything you did not get.
Best luck ✌
That sounds lovely and thank you JeanPierre 🙏

OCDguy

OCDguy

Hi there and :welcome: to the Forum. If you aren't feeling particularly strong in yourself right now, I wonder if there is a person you aspire to be? If so it's something to aim for. Start planning and starting with the easiest things to change or learn, start to make progress towards your dream(s). Hope this helps :)