• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Hi there all, just need some advice

M

maxildan

Hey there
I am a 29 year old man from essex who thinks he could possibly be bipolar. I have had episodes of very dark depression for as long as i can remember and every now and then i have moments when i feel like i am flying and that everything has a higher meaning. When i was 19 i had a good job in the computer industry and one day i ran out of work to hospital thinking i had some terminal disease, the next day i handed in my notice thinking it was the right thing to do ( at the time i thought so anyways ). There have been times when i felt like crying because everything was so beautiful, a man walked into the shop where i work and i thought he was a saint and broke down crying because i was so happy ( which really freaked out my girlfriend at the time ). There have also been times when i feel like i might be the son of god and that everything around me was a dream telling me something ( man i cant believe im writing this now it seems so stupid ). I start lots of tasks but never finish them. There have been times when i couldnt stop thinking and lots of noise in my head, a friend of mine says he can see when im about to go of the rails. Im seriously think of making an appointment with my doctor tomorrow.

Sorry for ranting on but id like to know if any of this sounds familar to anyone

Thanks in advance

T

Twylight

Hello and welcome to the forum

We're not suppose to diagnose on here, but if you think you might have a tendancy toward mental illness I would tell everything you have written here to a GP............asap

M

maxildan

Thanks for the reply

Yep ill do tomorrow

emski

emski

I agree with twylight - and you could always just print out what you have posted here. Take care :flowers: