• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Hi, not sure what I’m doing here..

M

Meowycake

Or what I’m supposed to do. But my google search led me here. I have “anxiety and depression” blanket term I guess.. felt sad and overwhelmed today so hid in bed all day hoping the world would stop for a moment. It hasn’t, it’s basically tomorrow already and I want to scream and cry and I feel restless. I’m in a bath at 1:19am because I couldn’t face getting into bed and waking up stinky again so I guess it was time to clean my self.. oversharing as usual.. just.. hi

jajingna

jajingna

Welcome. It's a good forum. You can say what you like. Lots of folks going through lots of things, so many of us can relate to feelings of anxiety, depression and other stuff.

M

Meowycake

Thank you. I like the anonymity factor and the fact I was able to possibly put something out there tonight and just verbally acknowledge my feelings out loud. Already feel a fraction of a fraction better, so hi

M

Meowycake

Or what I’m supposed to do. But my google search led me here. I have “anxiety and depression” blanket term I guess.. felt sad and overwhelmed today so hid in bed all day hoping the world would stop for a moment. It hasn’t, it’s basically tomorrow already and I want to scream and cry and I feel restless. I’m in a bath at 1:19am because I couldn’t face getting into bed and waking up stinky again so I guess it was time to clean my self.. oversharing as usual.. just.. hi
Well, a hot bath does wonders doesn’t it. Will have to deal with the lack of sleep effect when I wake up but so glad I didn’t get into bed all sticky again. I feel so much better already. A good sleep should do me now. Do any of you forget that just being clean is a therapy in itself? Not sure why I didn’t do that earlier.

Racer

Racer

for sure, sometimes I don't do any self care for several days, trying to get past that, usually feels good when I do

M

Meowycake

for sure, sometimes I don't do any self care for several days, trying to get past that, usually feels good when I do
I’m trying to find the magic formula to make self care a habit and a lifestyle change. I don’t know why we do it, knowing that we feel good afterwards. I’ll have a really good stint sometimes as long as 2-3 weeks and then I’ll just stop for days and get progressively worse mentally and .. scentally? When will I just be.. good, for good, do you know what I mean?

Racer

Racer

definitley know what you mean, I go through the same routine, good for a few weeks, then really neglect myself. I really haven't figured out why yet. maybe someday....

H

hairybanana

Hi meowycake, I’m new here too. It’s good you managed to find something that helped get you through the night

M

Meowycake

Hi meowycake, I’m new here too. It’s good you managed to find something that helped get you through the night
Thanks, woke up feeling clean at least, just dealing with the late night grogginess but determined to make this day a good one. Probably should do some meditation for better chances. Hows your morning going?

Karmaman

Karmaman

Welcome. I've had days like that recently. Hard to do anything - get a shower - go out and do something...just wanting to sleep and hoping things will be better when I wake up.

M

Meowycake

Welcome. I've had days like that recently. Hard to do anything - get a shower - go out and do something...just wanting to sleep and hoping things will be better when I wake up.
It just feels like your in a deep hole, you know like those woodland traps you see on movies and you can’t get a foothold. And I feel like the longer we stay here the harder it is each time to get out

H

hairybanana

Thanks, woke up feeling clean at least, just dealing with the late night grogginess but determined to make this day a good one. Probably should do some meditation for better chances. Hows your morning going?
Well I admire your motivation 💪 hope it’s a good one for you.

It’s 6pm here in Aus. Have spent majority of the day sleeping though. Not real good here but ya know

Karmaman

Karmaman

I can empathise with what your saying. I don't know how to break the cycle. I'm so overwhelmed with everything in life right now.