• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

hi...new to this

S

skye81

Hi all... just wanting to connect with people who may understand slightly how I am feeling...or at least know im not going mad lol !! New to all this and not actually received a diagnosis yet but it is still very early and scary days. Not sure how the forum works so please tell me if I say somethkng im not supposed to etc. Feeling a little overwhelmed and emotional for no reasonin particular at the moment. Would be I nterested to hear how the diagnosis process works if anyone is happy to share their experiences...without scaring me too much! I have had depression and anxiety for so long now but never ever has anyone suggested that it could be anything more...although I have always known there was something, just didnt know what. Anyway im rambling now so thanks for reading and for any stories etc you might like to share. Skye xx

shaky

shaky

Hi Skye
:welcome:

I don't think my story would help much as it is totally different.
I went funny. Ran away to the seaside. Came back. Hit my head. Went to A&E. Got diagnosed as depressed. Ended up in mental hospital 3 days later - diagnosed 'depressive psychotic episode'
next year - same thing. Re-diagnosed schizophrenia
year later - another relapse - re-diagnosed 'schizoaffective disorder'

but you seem to be taking a totally different journey.
You'll have something different, some other stuff to worry about.

:hug:

Sorry . This was a crap post. :(

S

skye81

Hi Thanks fpr the reply. Must have been very frustrating getting different diagnosis all the time. Just when you get your head round one you ate presented with another to think about. I just hope they get it right with me as this has gone on for about 15 years. Annoys the hell out of me that I have known all along that there was something wrong with me. Felt like no one took me seriously whenever I tried to tell them. It was always 'you have traits' well I have written down pages and pages of these 'traits' how many more do I need to make you see there is something wrong with me??!!! Sorry ranting over !!!!! I hope you are/have received the help you need? X

*autumn*

*autumn*

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Hi skye81, lovely to meet you.
I first went to see a psychologist about 14 years ago. Then a psychiatrist. Felt I have been more anxious than depressed in life. Thought I had schizophrenia at one point. Got told I was more neurotic than psychotic. Have had numerous alternative treatments and therapies, still with active addiction with drugs and alcohol. Got diagnosed with borderline personality 'disorder'.
Now in recovery. X