• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Hi, New to the Forum.

J

JamesH1986

Hi, :)

New to this guess ill tell you a bit about me.
I'm 23,Male from Leeds,United Kingdom.

I'm just looking for a bit of hope as i just so mixed up right now,Lost,Confused and dno what to do anymore or where im going or if im ever gonna get better.

I've been in the Mental Health System since last September. But i've had problems from around 17, Im 23 now. I've been Sectioned three times since Dec 2008. Just came off a Section 2 last week. I've been pushed from pilla to post ever since i first went to the GP about my problems. I've Had 4 Admissions into hospital, Been to DayCentres, Had Home based treatment, Had a whole bunch of Psychiatrists,GP's, Care Co-Ordinators.
I've been on loads of drugs, Let me see....

Propranolol
Citalopram
Olanzapine
Risperidone
Quitiapine
Quitiapine XL
Amisuplride
Diazepam
Nitrazepam
Zopiclone
Temazepam
Aripriprazole
Clonazepam

There's probably a few more but that's just in the last 8 Months. I'm currently just on Aripriprazole 10mg ,might be spelt wrong and Diazepam 5mg. I'm still no better things just seem to get worse and admissions just seem to get longer.
They always seem to be looking for more diagnoses's, I've had so many, I dont think it can be possible to have so many Disorders, Ilnesses. Surely. Here we go...

Generalized Anxiety Disorder.
Social Anxiety Disorder.
Clinical Depression.
Delusional Disorder. ????
Mixed Personality Disorder.
Emotionally Unstable Personality Disorder. ???
Dissocial Personality Disorder. ???

Some of them is rubbish like dissocial,delusional disorder, emotionally unstable at least so i have been told. I don't think anyone knows what's really wrong. My family think Schizophrenia Or Manic Depression. It's just so Mixed i dno.

My Last Psychiatrist in Hospital was looking at Paranoid Schizophrenia.

I am now with a Group called Aspire who deal with Psychosis, And my Care Co-Ordinator and current Psychiatrist are now looking at Manic Depression as i get Manic quite a lot.

I'm just wondering if there is anyone else gone through similar in the U.K, Is this normal before some sort of firm diagnosis? Can i really have this much wrong with me?

Things just seem to change all the time, There's always some problem if it's not one thing it's another. Anxiety, Depression, Hallucinations, Paranoia, Manic well the list goes on and on and on and on....

I just want some sort of advice or someone to give me a little hope because i just dont know what to do anymore, I don't see any future at all. Will things get any better.

What the hell is wrong with me??? I can go into detail if anyone would like to explore this with me and try to figure it out and understand it.

I wish i'd never entered his whole Mental Health as ever since things have got worse and my problems have been in my face ever since.

Anyway sorry for rambling on about all my crap,

Just looking for a bit of Help,Advice or Guidance :confused:

Thanks for any replies.
James.

D

Dollit

What the hell is wrong with me??? I can go into detail if anyone would like to explore this with me and try to figure it out and understand it.

I'm sorry but no one here is qualified to go into that sort of exploration with you. We're here for peer support and whilst people will listen and gladly share their experiences none of us can make a diagnosis.

Please join in the forum and see how others deal with things, that can help clarify things.

A

Apotheosis

I wish i'd never entered his whole Mental Health as ever since things have got worse and my problems have been in my face ever since.
Hi James. I was first sectioned at 17 & didn't receive a definite diagnosis until 25 - but I have never found any of the orthodox stuff that helpful. I don't find a label has helped. It hasn't explained anything of any depth to me.

Instead of me bleating on about what I think 'mental illness' isn't - I'd like to see proof of what it is - Bona Fide proof of what categorically causes it, tests that categorically prove people have one label or another. In 2 decades of searching I can find no evidence, except very weak anecdotal that validates any diagnosis as a definite physical condition. Personally I think orthodox psychiatry has it all totally wrong. That Doctors have pathologised & tried to turn certain experiences into tangible physical illnesses - which they are not.

My opinion is that it's all a pretty much of a nonsense anyway & a case of the 'Emperors new clothes'. This is not to negate the reality & the seriousness of MH 'conditions' - just to point out what I see as the stupidity & falsities of the diagnostic system.

jax

jax

Hi James,
:welcome: I have had many diagnosis over the years, including
BPD (Emotional unstable personality)
Schizophrenia
Psychosis
Depression
Depressive psychosis
PTSD
Anxiety
Cyclothmia

There are more - but I can't remember them all. When I was diagnosed with Bipolar and treated for it - I've managed to stay out of hospital for 3 years. Before that I had been in and out of hospital 2-3 times a year for at least 2 months or more a time. That was since the age of 17. I am now 38. I have had too many admissions from detention (Sectioning) to want to remember.

I hope that you find out what is wrong with you. Good luck and let us know how you get on.
Jacqui

KP1

KP1

Founding Member
You've had a really tough time. Have any of the drug treatments worked or partly worked? there must be some improvement if you are being treated at home. You could ask about psychotherapy which is more about you.I think as well the diagnosis is not the most important thing but help and treatment to get well or at least to be able to cope and get better than you are at the present time.
Take care and I hope it works out well for you.
KP:hug:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
whatever2013_2 Bipolar Forum 2