• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

For more features and forums

Hi....new to the forum

Ladyhawk418

Ladyhawk418

Founding Member
Hello all. I am new to the forum and I hope everyone is doing well. I am not at this time. I have been a recovered agoraphobic for years and I feel myself lapsing back into the I really don't want to leave the house again feeling. The panic attacks are coming on very strong and I feel like I could loose my mind any time now. I do not want to go to sleep as I do not want another day to come. My stress level is at it's peak and I am petrified of what will happen if someone triggers my last thread of sanity. I have no friends that I can talk to and my therapist moved away and I have a new one I don't care much for and I feel like I am just losing my grip on everything. If I lose it, I could lose my job which would mean I lose everything since my husband is on disability and we can't survive on his income alone. We are barely making it now and I am feeling such pressure I just don't know how long I can hold on. Thank you for listening.

Ladyhawk418:scared::cry::confused:

Fedup

Fedup

Founding Member
Hello and :welcome: to the forum :)

Before you feel any worse .......... can you not go to see your gp for meds etc ?!
Can you not implement any things that helped you recover before ?!

You'll never be alone on here there is nearly always some one about who will listen etc.

Takecare now :flowers:

sandybob

sandybob

Founding Member
:welcome:

sorry to hear you're feeling so bad at the moment .

perhaps we can help in some way

:hug:

Ladyhawk418

Ladyhawk418

Founding Member
Thank you for the warm welcome. I take lexapro and xanax. I hate taking the lexapro as it used to make me sleep all the time. For some reason it is keeping me awake lately and I have been on almost every antidepressant but always get all the side effects. I also have thyroid problems and take synthroid for that. For some reason it just feels like nothing is helping right now.

Ladyhawk418

D

Dollit

Hi Ladyhawk - welcome to our forum. I hope we'll be able to give you the support and encouragement that you need. :welcome:

Rorschach

Rorschach

Founding Member
Hey there ladyhawk...

:welcome:

Ashami

Ashami

Founding Member
Hello LadyHawke & :welcome:

I'm very sorry life is real hard at the moment for you. I hope you find the help you need here. I have found a lot of very supportive people here.

I have a very dear friend who tries to remind me when I get very stressed and start to recluse, to take time out to relax and breathe. He claims that being amongst nature helps a great deal, if only for five minutes a day. If you place your hands on your stomach and close your eyes, then concentrate on your breathing, this will help to bring you back to a place of calmness.

If I can force myself to do this, it works, if only until the next time. Sometimes I also find visualising a shield around me just before I go out also helps. I 'feel' protected and therefore the outside is less daunting.

None of this of course solves any problems but these little things can help get you thru difficult moments thru the day.

Love & Light :hug::flowers:

Ladyhawk418

Ladyhawk418

Founding Member
Thank you all so much for being here. I know one of my problems is we have no friends. I mean, yeah we know people but we do not have any real friends that we hang out with or anything and with the hubby's condition we stay home 99% of the time and when you have no pleasure in your life to offset the bad it makes it all bad. There is no balance. I am going to try to get to my excercise equipment in the basement and start trying to work off some of this negative energy and am going to lay off the caffeine and hope that will help. I need to dig us out of this hole we are in. I also live in the northeast US so I think that the winter blues are not helping much either. I feel a little more rational today and got some daytime sleep which I love because when I wake up it means I am still on the same day. Night sleep means to wake up and go to work again. A most stressful situation. Well I am going to play a little pogo and take my mind off of things for a while. Have a great night all.

Ladyhawk418:grouphug:

D

Dollit

It's nice to hear from you Ladyhawk and that you are able to recognise where you can make changes - good move! I have a friend in Maine and she always bemoans the length & severity of winter. Keep coming back - there's always a place for you here. :hug:

manic mini

manic mini

Founding Member
:clap:i know how you feel im feeling much the same myselfmy sanity is going down the drain daily lucky for me though i dont unlike your self i find i dont want to be in the world i too have trouble going out xx

singingdollydaydream

singingdollydaydream

Founding Member
welcome

Welcome:welcome:

HoosierGal

HoosierGal

Founding Member

I'm not good with introductions but here goes....I suffer from anxiety and depression. :redface: