• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

For more features and forums

Hi new to the forum, just need to let it all out..

1sickpup

Founding Member
Hi, i have been unable to work for over a year due to an injury on my spine, at last i have had surgery and for the first time in over a year i am pain free. After a little physio etc i can return to work in a couple of months.

The problem is that over the last year i have been sinking and my mood has been getting lower and lower. I have become more snappy and very lazy.

At the weekend i went out for the first time in months with my sisters, i got very drunk and behaved so bad, i went loopy screaming at everyone and telling them i hated them, my partner was called and he could not calm me down, i trashed the house and the went off at 3am, i eventually started having flash backs of what i had said and done and appologised to everone. When i got home i realised i had taken god only know how many tramadol and codine, i only knew because i found the wrappers, anyway that was sorted with the help of my local NHS. Everone in my family was so supportive but i cant get over it, if im not crying im sleeping, it has upset me so much i feel that i would be so much less of a burden if i wasnt here, I know i need to speak with my GP but he isnt really that supportive.
Do you think im depressed or have i just had a bad time x

daffy

daffy

Founding Member
Do you know the reason why you had taken so many pills b4 hand. Was it down to pain. You have to be very careful with tramadol as its addictive and gps try not to keep you on it for any longer than necessary.

Its most probable that the outburst at the pub was down to the combination of pills and alcohol. These things dont go together at all. If your freeling down generally do you know the reason why. Is it down to pain or boredome of being at home. Your family seem very supportive, have you asked them what they think or if theyve seen any changes in you. If so you need to see your GP. It could be something as simple as your medication thats causing it.

Take care:grouphug:

JIBBAJABBA

JIBBAJABBA

Founding Member
Hey sickpup :welcome:

Sounds like you have been having a bit of a rough time the last few months and its not unusual to loose it now and then but like you have realised not the best drinking and taking meds :-(........

as for your family they sound like they are supportive and understanding so glad you have them to turn to....as for if your depressed, im not really qualified to say yes or no but if you feel you are then the best thing to do is see your GP...you say your GP isnt the best so maybe its time to see another Gp as if you feel really down then you need to get advice and checked over.....something to think about maybe???

Im sure your NOT a burden to your family at all its just we sometimes feel this way when we are feeling low or going through a rough time so try not to think that as Im sure your family would be devastated of you were'nt here with them!!!

Certainly stick around here and you will get lots of help, advice and support as we are all a friendly bunch and will help where and when we can......

Hope you get some comfort from knowing we're all in the same boat to some degree and help eachother here in the site.....

Once again Welcome and take care

JibbaJabba xx

:grouphug:

yakuza

yakuza

Founding Member
Hi 1sickpup and :welcome:

That's a very hard time that you've being through and I think all the frustration you've built up has exploded and come out the way it has.
Time is a great healer in these circumstances and I agree with the above comments,see a different GP and talk through how you are feeling at present.

In the meantime you could keep talking on these forums (y) :)

1sickpup

Founding Member
Thanks everyone, im going to have a chat with my partner tonight. but i will def keep posting on here, been reading through some posts, its kind of stops me thinking of me and lets me see people can have problems no matter what x

yakuza

yakuza

Founding Member
That's a really good attitude to have 1sickpup.
Good luck with everything :)

Libra1

Libra1

Founding Member
Hi 1sickpup and :welcome: to MHF:)

Sorry to hear of you having a bad time of it recently:hug:, stick around and visit other parts of the forum- you will have some fun. Take care x

D

Dollit

Hi 1sickpup. You know depression is a common side effect to physical illness. The good thing is that you're getting support from your family and partner and you're more than welcome here whenever you want. If you keep trying then I will. :welcome: