• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Hi new to forum

A

Anxlou

Hi guys
I am 59 years old and have suffered anxiety since childhood …5 years ago after a breakdown was diagnosed with GAD.. i waken up with anxiety 😥 mine is like a bag of water in my stomach , so as I look for symptoms intrusive thoughts become my companion ,it can feel like I am going to go insane and just want to run..I have a lovely husband but this illness has ruled every decision I have made in my life … I have just got a new job which I start in the beginning of aug so where my head is telling me it’s okay to be anxious about that , my mind is racing with intrusive thoughts and without taking diazepam to calm them down I feel I cannot control them any ideas or suggestions that someone has tried to help? I have every self help book going and am seeing a phycologist at the moment, I know it won’t go away and I can only put it back in the box , but just now would love to feel part of a community that understands ……thank you

Jolly

Jolly

Welcome 🙏 I was told by my therapist just think of today and not look ahead. I try to do that and sometimes it helps

A

Anxlou

Welcome 🙏 I was told by my therapist just think of today and not look ahead. I try to do that and sometimes it helps
Sometimes I get so lost in the future, pulling myself back into the NOW is monumental then I can feel like a failure 😞 but I suppose the nugget here is to keep pulling x

Karmaman

Karmaman

Hi Anxllou - welcome to the forum. I've had depression and anxiety since my late teens. Now 50 and I'm in the worst place I've ever been. Struggling to keep going at work and hide my problems. I hope you fins some support here.

B

bebernipes

First of all, congratulations on the new job! I don't have any suggestions for anything to calm the anxiety other than some distraction for the mind or maybe some calming tea or some passion fruit syrup, which can make you feel sleepy. It's great that you are seeing a psychologist and, well, maybe you can talk to them so that they can prescribe you something. In any case, you will be able to interact with several people who know what you are going through here. Be welcome!