Hi, New to Forum - feeling sad and scared

Northern Girl

Northern Girl

Hi everyone,My GP referred me to the CMHT on Dec 20th and yesterday I got a letter from them for an assessment on Jan 16th with "An About Me" form to fill in.

Has anyone else had one of these forms?

The assessment is with the Initial Response Service (IRS) and is for 2 hours. Can anyone tell me what to expect?

ScaredCat

ScaredCat

Hi, welcome to the forum. Guess they will want to know basically about you, how you feel, symptoms etc to determine how best to help you. Sorry not able to be more specific. Maybe write stuff down before you go including any questions you have too. Hope it goes ok

Northern Girl

Northern Girl

Thanks for your reply ScaredCat. I like your suggestion to write stuff down before I go including any questions I may have. That will help me to cope with it. 2 hours is such a long time I hope they offer me a cup of tea lol

Mayflower7

Mayflower7

Hi Northern Girl,
Welcome to the forum :welcome::hug:
Good luck with the assessment.
Take care

M

Marky T

I got one after being discharged then my gp referred me back again despite me having 30years with them.
It was christmas eve at 2oclock.

Filled in the form wich is very generic.
Saw a young lad who asked questions about how i was feeling etc. Then when hes asked his questions i was to see a psychiatrist but i wouldnt see him, id seen him before and hes hopeless.

Anyway its nothing to be particulally aprehensive about. Youll get through it no bother. Take someone with you if you want, support always helps.

D

Dulcie

Welcome to the forum, Northern Girl :)

Though it's natural to worry, your first time with them (like my daughter's) should go well because their friendly manner is always chill and relaxing.

They may ask how you're feeling, also what support you already have in place. Give anything that you think will help them understand your needs. Before you go to your appointment, jot down some thoughts to use as a memory jog. My daughter found that useful.

Together with your team you will decide how to move forward with your treatment and care.

This forum community is lovely, and so caring. It will be nice to hear how you got on. :hug:

Best wishes,
Dulcie