• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Hi - new member

B

BetterEveryDay

:) Hello, I have struggled with anxiety, perfectionism, ptsd (and live with a husband with bi-polar disorder ... phew!). I am determined to find healthy and alternative ways to deal with my issues, & have had some success with that through seeking out books, exercise, hobbies and am thrilled to find a forum with like-minded people! I truly believe in the power of helping each other .... (it seems I receive more help from people who understand from experience, as opposed to a therapist who may have the best intentions, but has never experienced what I have). Since I also am unable to work due to autoimmune disorders, I am no longer "distracted" by work, and have limited energy to do too much at home. Anyway ... thanks for having me! Looking forward to the interaction!

Mayflower7

Mayflower7

Hi,
Welcome to the forum
Glad you've found us, looking forward to seeing you around the forum.
Hugs

JessisMe

JessisMe

Hello, BetterEveryDay, welcome to the forums! xo, j :grouphug:

B

BetterEveryDay

Does anyone here struggle with perfectionism-related anxiety (did that make sense?) - I have found that once I identify pieces of what cause anxiety in my life and deal with those "pieces" it helps me not feel so overwhelmed. Such as decluttering .... oh, my. If I can't do it "perfectly," I find myself avoiding .... Anyone else?

B

BetterEveryDay

Does anyone here struggle with perfectionism-related anxiety (did that make sense?) - I have found that once I identify pieces of what cause anxiety in my life and deal with those "pieces" it helps me not feel so overwhelmed. Such as decluttering .... oh, my. If I can't do it "perfectly," I find myself avoiding .... Anyone else?
I should probably have posted that in a different section - sorry - I am in a hurry. I'm new to forums, but I'll learn soon!

bpd2020

bpd2020

Hello and welcome to the forum. :)