• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Hi - new here....

F

flirtygirty

started hearing voices about 3 years ago after getting caught up in an armed robbery, the problem is I dont know if I am hearing these voices in my head or if someone is playing games with me. I know how paranoid that must sound but lots of strange things have happened over the last 3 years which is why i have doubts.

Firstly I can actually record some of these voices, and I also recognise one of them.. Is this the norm for someone hearing voices which presumably would be inside the head? Also in the 3 years I have been hearing them not a day has gone by where I havent heard some sort of threat to myself.

I find if I plug my ears at night I dont hear them but I also dont hear the alarm clock either! If I dont use ear plugs I get woken in the early hours by them and rarely get back to sleep til at least 4 or 5 am.

Any advice would REALLY be appreciated, thanks for your time.

S

*Sapphire*

Hi flirtygirty

And :welcome: to the forum. I have had no experience of this myself, however there may be someone else on here who does.

This is a very friendly site with lots of supportive persons on here. I hope you find it as helpful as I do.:)

Take care
Sapphire

G

GrizzlyBear

Founding Member
Hello and Welcome :welcome:

Was just thinking.....you could have a mobile phone or something wake you up by vibrating....that way you could plug your ears and get a break from the voices.

F

flirtygirty

Thanks for the warm welcome, and I will try that with the mobile thanks lol!:)

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
P New here, hi Hearing Voices Forum 5
S New here.. Couple question s Hearing Voices Forum 5
R Anyone here want to play League (NA)? Also believe in a spiritual cause for the voices (Discord voice) Hearing Voices Forum 8
L New here, always heard voices but thought everyone did until recently, they've been really nasty lately I dont know what to do Hearing Voices Forum 4
Hello513 Here is what I have to say to the voices Hearing Voices Forum 13
hORIzonFINK210 voices intangible? Here is what to do> Hearing Voices Forum 0
Weirdnumber Is there anything you want to say to your voices? Just write it here! Hearing Voices Forum 31
S Voices are pretty much here all the time. Hearing Voices Forum 10
R Here's why: Humans forgot to replace "demon" with not humans in the bible. Hearing Voices Forum 1
C Hello everyone! Here's my story of how I got the voices Hearing Voices Forum 23
G New guy here Hearing Voices Forum 15
N Nataliie here, greetings to all from holiday/vacation trip, - suffered with hearing voices Hearing Voices Forum 5
L New here . Hi Hearing Voices Forum 2
J Has anyone ever lost the voices or are they here to stay? Hearing Voices Forum 11
L whats going on round here Hearing Voices Forum 1
R New here, not sure where to begin? Hearing Voices Forum 10
andypr Going crazy here..... Hearing Voices Forum 3
Neiphi Here is the problem Hearing Voices Forum 26
pippinjay *Trigger Warning* I am here because I want to explain, but before I do I must... do as I am told and not paz with my life Hearing Voices Forum 3
D He's got a woman, he's got a woman, he's got a woman, yip yip yipoeeio, yes you heard if here first he's.. Hearing Voices Forum 3
T Here's a strange one reading causes voices in my head ......... anyone recognise it????? Hearing Voices Forum 1
L new here Hearing Voices Forum 1