• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Hi - new here....

F

flirtygirty

started hearing voices about 3 years ago after getting caught up in an armed robbery, the problem is I dont know if I am hearing these voices in my head or if someone is playing games with me. I know how paranoid that must sound but lots of strange things have happened over the last 3 years which is why i have doubts.

Firstly I can actually record some of these voices, and I also recognise one of them.. Is this the norm for someone hearing voices which presumably would be inside the head? Also in the 3 years I have been hearing them not a day has gone by where I havent heard some sort of threat to myself.

I find if I plug my ears at night I dont hear them but I also dont hear the alarm clock either! If I dont use ear plugs I get woken in the early hours by them and rarely get back to sleep til at least 4 or 5 am.

Any advice would REALLY be appreciated, thanks for your time.

S

*Sapphire*

Hi flirtygirty

And :welcome: to the forum. I have had no experience of this myself, however there may be someone else on here who does.

This is a very friendly site with lots of supportive persons on here. I hope you find it as helpful as I do.:)

Take care
Sapphire

G

GrizzlyBear

Founding Member
Hello and Welcome :welcome:

Was just thinking.....you could have a mobile phone or something wake you up by vibrating....that way you could plug your ears and get a break from the voices.

F

flirtygirty

Thanks for the warm welcome, and I will try that with the mobile thanks lol!:)