Hi new here. Just started paroxetine for the second time

L

Leahhere90

As the title says this is my second time on paroxetine. I have been suffering with bad anxiety for a few weeks now, can’t eat properly or sleep. This medicine was amazing when I was on it last and had zero anxiety but I felt better and came off it which I shouldn’t have done! Day 2 on paroxetine and feeling pretty crap, edgy and sick. Does anyone know if these work quicker the second tIme?

E

EstherRose94

Oh gosh I did the same and decided I was better and stopped taking it 🙈

Then realized I felt better because of it lol.

I take Zoloft now but it’s similar and I still had a week of gross side effects first so your body may have to get used to it again depending on how long ago you stopped.

It’ll be worth it though so don’t give up on it. I learned (even though I work in science and should have known) that playing around with my own med taking habits to suit my whim was a really bad idea.

L

linus

For the paroxetine to really kick in for anxiety symptoms it takes 2 weeks! I am on it right now for the second time in my life and I was not ok until the 10th day and then it kept on improving. I am almost anxiety free now and as I talked to my pmed I’ll take it off in 4-5 months.

L

Leahhere90

For the paroxetine to really kick in for anxiety symptoms it takes 2 weeks! I am on it right now for the second time in my life and I was not ok until the 10th day and then it kept on improving. I am almost anxiety free now and as I talked to my pmed I’ll take it off in 4-5 months.
Good to hear that it’s working for you the second time round. This medicine worked amazingly first time round. Just about to take my 3rd tablet. I hope it kicks in soon I feel so jittery and on edge all day

L

Leahhere90

Oh gosh I did the same and decided I was better and stopped taking it 🙈

Then realized I felt better because of it lol.

I take Zoloft now but it’s similar and I still had a week of gross side effects first so your body may have to get used to it again depending on how long ago you stopped.

It’ll be worth it though so don’t give up on it. I learned (even though I work in science and should have known) that playing around with my own med taking habits to suit my whim was a really bad idea.
It’s been about 6 months since I stopped taking it. I just wish I hadn’t stopped taking it. I will carry on with for a long time now!