• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Hi. New here but very depressed.

L

Littlej52

I was scared at first to join anywhere.. im suffering depression and anxiety. But they are both through the roof at the minute . I have my dr call me every 2 weeks with the tablets I'm on. ( sertraline and amitriptyline). . The side effects are well weird but bearable because I know they should help in few weeks... I still feel down depressed and anxious. My anxiety is so bad I'm littery scared to go out
And the side effects of the tablets are making me shake my leg and punch out
I'm normally a bubbly outgoing girl. But life hits you... so much I feel I dont wanna be here anymore . I won't do anything stupid cos I have kids and grandkids but I feel worthless and I'm just existing .

jajingna

jajingna

Welcome to the forum. I just recently started (again) on Sertraline and it's not in full swing yet so gotta be patient that it will get there for more benefit in the coming weeks. Hope you see some improvement soon, every little bit helps but meanwhile try to have a little patience and do what you can to take care of yourself dealing with your illness.

MeAndMyDepression

MeAndMyDepression

Hi @Littlej52
I'm glad you joined this forum. There are a lot of members here who can relate to what you're going through and who can offer you advice. I'm glad your doctor calls you every two weeks. Have you also considered talk therapy? I think that would help you a lot.

D

Daringdan

Welcome Littlej52,
I was moved by your post and I really hope you get to feeling better. I feel like, the way the mind works, we can tend to forget or have yet to discover the remedies that make us feel better. One example, I feel better just trying to be helpful to you and I was surprised when the good feelings emerged because I've been having a rough day. I want to encourage you to experiment with your feelings, trying things you may not have done in a while to see if you can find something to give you an emotional boost.

Desire less

Desire less

These medications can make your issues temporary much worse...usually it fades away after a while.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
S To the people on here who make me feel pathetic. Depression Forum 48
M Did you expect to make real friends here ? Depression Forum 16
D Hi I'm new here and have suffered depression since early 90's Depression Forum 6
Sissy2021 Hello, I'm new here Depression Forum 20
M Any here who deals with loneliness and wants to chat ? Depression Forum 1
M For people who is here not looking for advices Depression Forum 7
M Any South Americans here ? Depression Forum 8
D Anyone that struggles with their immigrant parents here? Depression Forum 21
M Here I am, again. Depression Forum 1
M Hey every one I am new here. Depression Forum 19
pooryathr Can I share my exprience with online therapy here? Depression Forum 2
R New here, not really sure what I'm doing Depression Forum 4
Ineedhelp2921 I don't want to be here anymore Depression Forum 8
Anxiety girl 84 Hi I'm new here, could do with some help Depression Forum 27
Kerly13 I don't belong here Depression Forum 31
M New here, need to talk to someone Depression Forum 9
S Dont want to be here anymore Depression Forum 3
Tawny Here we go again Depression Forum 48
S Here we ago again Depression Forum 4
Feritas I feel so empty. I don't even know why anymore. So here's my story. Depression Forum 2
Z Why I'm here Depression Forum 6
M I don't deserve to be here Depression Forum 4
Ladyfair Very Depressed Depression Forum 5
C very reassuring Depression Forum 1
I Very Depressed Depression Forum 3
P Feeling very down Depression Forum 15
P HELLO EVERYONE FEELING SO LOW AND VERY CONFUSED IT DRIVING ME CRAZY 🤪 Depression Forum 10
Imverytired123 I’m very isolated Depression Forum 12
J Need some help I'm feeling very depressed the moment and just do not feel good Depression Forum 4
CKM1234 Feeling very suicidal today Depression Forum 15
Ladyfair TRIGGER WARNING Very Depressed Depression Forum 15
MrBond007 Not very optimistic on my future career Depression Forum 1
J Bi-polar alcoholic mother is imploding, my relationship with my wife is very difficult. Feeling very overwhelmed. Depression Forum 4
Mrs Tiggywinkle Nutrition for depression and anxiety......very good video. 🙂 Depression Forum 3
M very weird! Depression Forum 1
L Depressed partner help Depression Forum 2
T I think my friend is depressed. Depression Forum 2
A Dating someone depressed: What can I do? Depression Forum 3
C Relationship Troubles and Depressed Partner (depressed boyfriend) Depression Forum 0
L My depressed fiancée doesn't want me around anymore. Depression Forum 2
D I just let my problems stay as is and I don't do anything about them... too anxious to do what's needed, too depressed to want to do anything at all Depression Forum 2
S Does anyone have issues sleeping etc when severely depressed? Depression Forum 3
S Need some advice about a man with depression (I am depressed too) Depression Forum 12
L Depressed Depression Forum 7
L Depressed as can't make friends and people keep ghosting me. Why? Depression Forum 9
L Depressed and so anxious about my current job situation Depression Forum 10
DistantOcean What songs resonate with your depressed feelings? Depression Forum 7
R My work and home life is making me depressed. Advice please. Depression Forum 2
C What are your passions and hobbies that you turn to when you're depressed? Depression Forum 23
E I'm feeling severely depressed and it's not waning Depression Forum 9