Hi, My name is pixie... I need advice

P

PixieMama84

I have had anxiety and panic attacks for quiet a few years now and I take setraline for it aswell as diazepam. But the past year my brain hasn't shut up, I sleep but still feel tired, I have no energy but work 3 jobs and raise a family as well as problems with my teen daughter, I forget everything including my meds, I constantly clean but my house is never clean my brain is chaos, everyday flys by the whole year has gone and I then think omg what did we do?? I start thinking about everything in graphic as if I were actually in my thoughts living that very moment picking it apart about how I shpuld of done it differently... and that's just something simple like making tea and toast. Time literally flies by my brain feels like im on fast forward. Im happy hyper then sad and snappy grumpy then back to happy. I have alot of mental health issues through the family the big one being Bi-Polar. The doctor ruled that out by making me do a quiz. is there anyone with anxiety and depression that can relate? Is what im going through normal? :/

calypso

calypso

Admin
Hiya and :welcome: to the forum. I think if you are working three jobs its part of the hectic life you have. But that said depression can manifest this way and having everything merge into one large blob of life is something I have heard from others on here. Its hard to say just slow down if that isn't possible given your lifestyle so is there any way you can just take any time out to yourself? A long bath, a treat just for you, a holiday? I know easy for me to say.

If the meds aren't working then you need to go back and say so. Diazepam is known for working in the short term but not in the long term and can have a rebound effect. There are other meds which help but essentially meds aren't the only way to go. Is it possible to try some therapy? Taking that hour out to just be with yourself and the therapist can be a life changer. I hope others will be along soon to help you.

Mayfair

Mayfair

Admin
Hi Pixie,

yes, I even got a headache reading your daily schedule! That sounds awful mess you are in.

It sounds like my head when so many things going on. I don't think there is any instant fix to this.

Not really advising as only sketchy info, but with this, my very first thought (hence posting) is - in short- the tactic of breaking things down into smaller pieces. This seems the best course, IMO.

The work and the tasks are still going to be there, so is no cure I don't think. Working on sorting out this chaos, would be the path that I would take , or advise based on this limited info.

:)