• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Hi Just Seeking Help

tophat7483

tophat7483

I've recently had an epiphany due to complications with friendship that ended very poorly. After ruminating a bit, I'm starting to realize that I may be a narcissist. I've contemplated this ever since my mid-teens, and now being in my early 20s and symptoms having had not been resolved, I'm now realizing this isn't right or healthy. I've made too many mistakes and overall have been a drain on everyone around me. It's even cost me my employment.

I hope to seek likeminded people here who also are finding help for similar issues, and to find resources to hold me over until I find a therapist who'll treat me for my concerns. I don't want to make this longer than necessary, but I'll definitely be checking the forums out more. Have a nice day!

UpnDwn1978

UpnDwn1978

Forum Guide
Hi tophat welcome to the forum :welcome:

Anime-Alchemy

Anime-Alchemy

Hello tophat7483, welcome to the forum.

F

Fancyharm

Top hat, please tell me why you think you are a narcissist.

B

Bod

Former member
Welcome to the forum, I hope you will settle here as everyone is so very caring and helpful to each other.

tophat7483

tophat7483

Top hat, please tell me why you think you are a narcissist.
In short, I'm a compulsive liar and I struggle to feel any remorse for my actions. Yes I'm able to recognize what's technically considered right or wrong, but I'm unable to care when I've come to hurt someone unless if they're very close to me. And even then it's easy for me to turn this empathy "off", if that makes sense. I've always had a superiority and inferiority complex and frequent daydreams power and success. There's a bit more to this to understand where I'm coming from, but I feel that'd be more appropriate in a different subforum.

Joe57

Joe57

Former member
Welcome top hat. I appreciate your honesty. Best wishes for a healthier future.