• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

hi just been diagnosed and unsure

D

dizzylizzy59

hi new, just been diagnosed not on medication yet, start tomorrow witrh riirandol or somything of that nature, for bi polar, have to see a shrink again too. i dont think i am mad, but they think i am. i do not fully understand this yet, all i know is that for years i have had episodes of violent behaviour coupled with tearfull and depressed down weeks months, anxious and irratble, lost loads of jobs because of paranoia. but years ago i was told it was stress, pmt, and then the menopause cos i went throgu it early, now i have been given the diagnosis, that makes me feela little better but more confused, will i get better, what will i feel like onthe antisphycotic stuff, ahh what now , sorry cant sleep and got verbal diareahh at the moment

I

iheartpandas20

hello im new too!

Hey, im no expert but that does sound pretty bipolar. Try not to think of it as crazy/uncrazy! You seem to have had difficulties because of your emotions and paranoia, and medication/therapy will help that. The goal of treatment is to make your life happier and easier, not to 'fix' you! so keep smiling and use the support and help to make things better.

:)

pandas

nickh

nickh

Founding Member
Hi and :welcome: to the Forum dizzylizzy. Getting yourself diagnosed is a big first step. Any medication will take a while to work so give it some time. Hope that it does work for you - but there are never any guarantees with medication, either in terms of effects or effectiveness - if you look around here you will see that different people have very different experiences with the same medications. It would be worth going on the bi-polar part of the Forum and asking people for their experiences of this drug.
Best of luck with it.

Nick.

D

Dollit

Bipolar diagnosis means different things for different people. It's an illness where our extremes are exaggerations of what is our "normality". Medication affects people in different ways and brands and generic variations of them can vary those affects too.

For me the key thing was learning about who I was and then that helps me deal with the bipolar person. That and a very strong support network.

Fedup

Fedup

Founding Member
Hello and :welcome: to MHF .

D

dizzylizzy59

thankyou

I dont really know whoI really am, I dont remember beinghappy in years, but just pretending to be happy to make others happy, if youknow what i mean, however today i have had enough, today was a great day, but not without what always happens in my family strife, thats what, and i always end in the middle, i cant do it no more, i really cant, i brought all my kids up by myself, and i worked most of my adult life, except for the fact that i left my jobs because of paranoia, my depression over the years has been getting steadily worse, and now at nearly aged 50 they found out my problem well sorry its a bit to damn late, my life is nearly over anyway, i dont go out cos i cant be in crowded places, i get anxious and paranoid, i cant funtion properly, iforget stuff, i used to be so independent, now may daughter is treating me like a little kid, i want to be who i am supposed to be a mature stable mother and grandmother, not this stupid, sensless, selfish person with no sense of humour anymore, and no life, i come to the end of the road, i know what you will say, it will get better, wait tillthe meds start working,well ihave nothad themyet, they cant even get the blood test right, the stupid nurse tried three times and boy did it hurt, soi got to wait another few days now, ihad diazipan last night but it not worked, i now gone from really angry and manic, to pretty pissed of, well more then that, i gone back down again, but this time much harder and quicker than last time. anyway i am rambling again,sorry so sorry i sound like a complete idiot who feels sorry for herself, well your probably right, thanks any way for the previous advice

T

Twylight

Hi Dizzy,
I'm sorry your experiencing mood swings
Perhaps the medication will help this

Last edited:
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
J Hi.brand new to this.i have just been diagnosed with clclothymic disorder.any advice on this would be more than grateful.thanks. Introduce Yourself 6
H I am a mother who has a son who has just been diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia. He has had psychosis since he was 16 and is now 22. Introduce Yourself 4
D Hi I'm 46 I live with my son he's 10 he has a anxiety disorder been diagnosed since the age of 4 I'm now experiencing anxiety 😔 Introduce Yourself 2
B Hi guys, I’m new to forums. Been diagnosed with bipolar since I was 14. Now 26. Never ever knew these forums existed. Introduce Yourself 17
B I am linda 55 been diagnosed with EUPD recentrly.its taken the 30 years anyone on else here with it.its cripling me right now nd i have no support i Introduce Yourself 2
D Just been diagnosed Introduce Yourself 1
A Hello. I have been diagnosed Schizoaffective Bipolar type. Introduce Yourself 33
S Hi .. recently been diagnosed with PTSD Introduce Yourself 4
R Just been diagnosed with schizoaffective disorder Introduce Yourself 10
C Hi I'm new to this been diagnosed,with borderline personality disorder,is a lot to cope with.is it a common mental illness,looking for answers to cope Introduce Yourself 7
B Hello All, I am new here. After a breakdown I have been diagnosed with BPD. Introduce Yourself 11
T I think I've been wrongly diagnosed. Introduce Yourself 5
P Been hearing negative entities Introduce Yourself 3
S help- my sister has been sectioned for acute psychosis Introduce Yourself 11
blacktulip Blacktulip here its been a while Introduce Yourself 17
A First time on anything like this .Been I’ll for years with depression anxiety.Hoping to be able to share with others and here there stories and coping Introduce Yourself 10
i_must_be_mad Life can be unbelievably hard particularly when family are so awful just because been ill Introduce Yourself 9
C Hi, have been nervous to come into a MH forum as I’m meant to be the one who helps others. Introduce Yourself 4
H New to this- partner has been sectioned (mania) and looking for advice :) Introduce Yourself 7
P New here really been struggling for the last six months! Introduce Yourself 16
Sandinic Hi Again! Been years! Introduce Yourself 2
M It's been a long time coming, but I know a change gonna come. Introduce Yourself 3
U Hello. Been recommended this forum. Introduce Yourself 6
L Hi, I'm Lovemusic . My main concernis to try and build self-esteem having been put down in lotd of ways and misjudged completely by lots of people Introduce Yourself 5
K Hi.my name steve.been having a real rough patch lately and hoping to find like minded people to chat with. Introduce Yourself 7
K I have been on Ketipinor for 18 years now and I m not happy wth it Introduce Yourself 12
A Help! My mental health is the lowest it's been. Introduce Yourself 7
MoodFlicker Hello, not new but has been a while Introduce Yourself 14
D I've been drinking Introduce Yourself 38
M please help me I am at the lowest I have been Introduce Yourself 3
i_must_be_mad Not been on here for many years - life been tough Introduce Yourself 3
T I’ve been here a week and only seen this....hello... Introduce Yourself 11
SilentButCaring82 My Whole Life Has Been Hard, and I'm Very Tired Introduce Yourself 5
Agatha Haven't Been Here in Forever Introduce Yourself 4
G this has been a big step for me. Introduce Yourself 9
kilroywashere21 I’ve Been Struggling With Bipolar Disorder Since 2015 Introduce Yourself 1
Ricky Bobby Been fighting for 20 years now Introduce Yourself 1
J Hi Everyone. I am currently suffering bad anxiety. To cut the story short I have been taking fluxetine for a few years. My anxiety and lack of sleep Introduce Yourself 7
M Been along time. Introduce Yourself 2
A Never been so low Introduce Yourself 6
P Hi im new to this never been on a forum before Introduce Yourself 14
C Delusional disorder - I have not been given much information. Introduce Yourself 4
L Been searching for this Introduce Yourself 4
B Hey, ive never been honest about my mental health problems. Not even when I seen psychiatric nurse, but im getting there :) Introduce Yourself 2
K Mental healths been getting worse Introduce Yourself 2
A Was schizophrenic but I’ve been told I’m actually schizoaffective. Introduce Yourself 5
S Hi im new here. Ive taken overdoses recently and have now been disowned by my parents which i must admit made me feel worse and attempt suicide again. Introduce Yourself 25
C Hi i been here before just need to write this down Introduce Yourself 1
M I have been suffering fear of blushin/erythrophobia for 18 years Introduce Yourself 13
8 Hi, how many people have been let down by the CMHT? Introduce Yourself 6