• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Hi I've just joined the forum

F

Fran Field

Founding Member
Hi I am 51 and had an acute psychotic episode 2 years ago, I was sectioned under the mental health act at my local hospital but recovered quite quickly and was allowed to go home. I have been coming off the medication they put me on over the last 6 months but have been suffering from depression and anxiety off and on ever since the episode. I have lost faith in the mental health professionals I have seen over the last 2 years (NHS and private) and would just like to talk to people with similar problems and ways of overcoming anxiety and depression. Here's hoping!

Rorschach

Rorschach

Founding Member
Hi there Fran, you'll find a whole world of experience here, some you will probably identify with...

:welcome:

D

Dollit

Hi Fran and :welcome:. I've just woke up because I've been in bed with a headache (and 4 cats) and thought your name said Frank Ifield... Hope we can help and it is really very friendly here. :tea:

Fedup

Fedup

Founding Member
Hello and :welcome: Fran Field :)

Libra1

Libra1

Founding Member
Hi Fran and :welcome:, am sure you will enjoy being around the forum.

D

Dollit

Libra - everytime I see your name it makes me smile because it looks like Libral and the Bristolians add an L on to the end of the words that end in a vowel. As in - "that's a good ideal". :)

JIBBAJABBA

JIBBAJABBA

Founding Member
Hi Fran and :welcome: to the forum.....you will find us a friendly bunch and always willing to help.....

Jibbz xxx

Ashami

Ashami

Founding Member
Hello Fran

:welcome: to the forum, hope you find what you are looking for here :D

N

Naff

Founding Member
hello...

hello, just joined the forum...I too have a mental health illness (delusional disorder) for 4 years and have been on medication. I split words and I don't feel my medication works for me and have lost faith in the mental health professionals..I don't know what else to do to make myself better....any suggestions?

daffy

daffy

Founding Member
Hi there fran and Naff. Hope you both enjoy the site and can maybe get some advice:welcome:

D

Dollit

Hi Naff - nice to have you on board. Why don't you join in on a thread or start a blog down in the journal section and tell us about yourself and then we'll have a better idea of how to help. :welcome: And don't forget to visit the cafe - that's were all the fun people go (I live there... :LOL:)

Aahbut

Aahbut

Hi Fran & Naff, welcome to the forum. I'm sure someone here can offer you some good advice. (y)