Hi - it's just me a nobody

R

Red77416

Hi all- I'm a 50+ woman in the US. I guess some would say I'm feeling sorry for myself. Maybe I am! I'm so down on life in general these days. I find it hard to move; I have to "talk myself into" doing most things. Sleeping is my favorite pastime. What do you do when you're 50+ years old, never been married, never had kids and you're best friend is your dog. My Outlook sucks. I'd rather die than have another 10 years of this crap. I don't have any reason to think that things (me) will get better. Life is a nightmare.

Bizzarebitrary

Bizzarebitrary

So this is midlife

Hi. Welcome and thanks for sharing your sullen, dreary and miserable thoughts - because you can be real here and in fact, we'd rather have you as-is. Fake face is for selfies and for, well, I suppose everyone else. Mine is well rehearsed.

Hi all- I'm a 50+ woman in the US. I guess some would say I'm feeling sorry for myself. Maybe I am! I'm so down on life in general these days. I find it hard to move; I have to "talk myself into" doing most things. Sleeping is my favorite pastime. What do you do when you're 50+ years old, never been married, never had kids and you're best friend is your dog.
That sounds oddly familiar except I'm trying to endure it all without the dog or cat and that's madness - so help me I know - but no pets allowed where I live. I visit other people's pets frequently. Is it rude to ask, "can I come over and hang out with your pet but mostly ignore you?" There might be a more clever way to word this.

Since you're signed up, you've probably read some woeful stories because we're all struggling with something. You're welcome to turn your insides out if you want to share some more about yourself - diagnosis or symptoms or your travels in the sunken world of depression. You might get a measure of relief barfing it up rather than forcing it back inside. People are very supportive here and that comes from a genuine understanding of years of crap.

blacksmoke

blacksmoke

Don’t they use that crass saying, in the Usa, “pity party”

Yeah think that there is a growing tide of the quietly desperately people, living a life that don’t tick many ‘normal’ boxes.

But people pretend otherwise and marriage aint all that its cracked up to be either. What a world that we live in most people put on an act to some degree or another.

But yeah the 50+ sucks but all you can do is be your best even if that don’t measure up to other peoples standards who btw are probably living a lie anyway! (some of them that is).

Be happy for you when all else fails say screw you world I am not going to be miserable because I haven’t managed to do ABC. Be a happy failure!! Now that will get people curious!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
N Introduce Yourself 9
A Introduce Yourself 8
Rusko Introduce Yourself 5