• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Hi, I'm Timamu!

T

timamu

Hi all. Desperate times :(

Due to stress had a big bad personality crash on sunday. Shouting, throwing, interrogative, etc. Scared my wife :(

Been put onto citralopram on Monday and given some tabs to help me sleep short term. told to rest. referrered to Healthy Minds - whatever that is.

Spent last two days lying about, reading, dozing. Back to work today. Feel v. strange, nauseous and distant from what is going on.

Feeling very strange at the moment. Need somewhere to go to talk to people experiencing similar. Think this might be it.

Happy hear back from you all and to respond to any questions.

Cheers
Timamu

G

grace68

hi timamu

we've all been there, in desperate times, and this is a good place to help each other through our shared experiences.

hope you rest well, you will feel distant and strange, as your mind tries to shut down in order to recover.

stay on this forum, it was a lifesaver to me when i had a breakdown earlier this year. i couldn't talk to any 'real' people around me, but i could express my fears and misery on here!

grace x

Q

quality factor

Hi and :welcome: to the forum,
hope it is of some help to you.

QF.

T

timamu

I had to go back to work today as I don't get sick pay and I can't afford to take more time off. Besides, I feel my wife needs some space.

I've already got significant benefit from being on here. Swan posted a link to this book. Further research led me to this from the same author.. He totally hits the nail on the head.

This part exactly described what happened to me this weekend...
Sufferers are:
  • Strong
  • Diligent
  • Reliable
With a strong conscience and sense of responsibility
But:
  • Sensitive
  • Quite vulnerable to criticism
  • With an easily dented self-esteem.
This is the sort of person who you would do well to turn to if you had an issue to deal with, upon which your house depended. Indeed, people do turn to them a great deal and because they are diligent and responsible they do pretty much whatever is asked of them.

When you think about it, it is not surprising. If a weak, cynical or lazy person is put under pressure and suffers a set of stresses, he will immediately give up, so he never gets stressed enough to become ill. On the contrary, if the strong type I have described is put under stress, he will go on and on and on, constantly striving, way beyond the point that the body (or more specifically the limbic system) is designed for. Eventually the wheels begin to fall off and symptoms appear. At this point the averagely strong person with a solid self-esteem will stop and say something like, ~'Hang on, this is silly, I'm making myself ill, others are going to have to pitch in and take some of the strain". So he pulls back a bit and thus avoids illness.

But the person who is strong, but sensitive and with a vulnerable self-esteem can't stop, as his view of himself is dependent upon success, the approval of others and fulfilling his perfect image of what he feels a person in his situation should be. So he still keeps going and going, until eventually and often suddenly. . . .BANG ! - the fuse blows.

T

timamu

Should add that I feel I shouldn't be at work. I think I am going to go home soon. I'm already stretching myself here.

Prince Buster

Prince Buster

That quote up there looks like a description of me!

keepsafe

keepsafe

:welcome: to the forum - glad you have already found it helpful

KS