Hi I'm new!

E

Evans70

Hi there! I've been suffering with anxiety for as long as I can remember and I'm in my 40s now. My anxiety has progressed rapidly throughout my life from being bullied at school to not being good enough for my Mum to meeting my husband to obsessively worrying about him to having 3 children who are now teenagers and having anxieties about the three of them which makes me ill. I have been on citalpram for a few years now and my anxiety seems to get much worse around my monthly cycle that my doctor is also trying a pmt medication which works sometimes. I just worry about my children every minute of every day, I do allow them their freedom and they all seem very happy it's just health issues, they only have to have a cough, cold headache and I think the worst, I just feel so alone, my husband just doesn't know how to deal with it and I hate feeling like this

Foxjo

Foxjo

Forum Safety Team
Hi welcome to the forum. :welcome:
have a read of some of the posts and have a chat when you feel up to it.
hope you find some support here, we are a friendly bunch!
Fox
x

E

Evans70

Thank you that means a lot over the last couple of days I've been so, so low I've just cried and cried and slept out of exhaustion :cry:

Foxjo

Foxjo

Forum Safety Team
it is normal to get anxious over your kids growing up, it is a big bad world out there. but we cant protect our family from everything, i suppose you need to understand the limitations of this. You can wrap them up in cotton wool - in the respect that you bring them up 'proper' but then its down to them isnt it?

you sound like a great mum, i think your anxiety has just grown a little out of control.
have you seen a therapist about how you feel?

aleshadxcherylc

aleshadxcherylc

Hi evans70
Welcome to the foroum well done for posting.
So sorry to hear you are suffering with anxiety i suffer with it too and depresison and others to name but a few so i completly understand.
Have you seen your GP recently? if not i would go back to them and tell them how you are feeling and hopefully they can give you some more professional support like a talking therapy to help with your anxiety.
I am on citolopram too and i have suffered bullying at school too, its kknocked all my self esteem and confidence to be honest i never had any anyway.
Please go back to your GP and get yourself some much needed support hope you get some soon.
Take care keep strong and keep talking
Katie
xx

marcustwelve

marcustwelve

Hi & :welcome: to the forum. I suffer with high anxiety too.

E

Evans70

I go to see my doctor as often as I can, every 6 weeks recently, my husband now works away and is only home at weekends and this is a permanent thing but even when he's home he doesn't understand, as soon as he sees me he says "what's wrong now!!" aaaarrgh it's so frustrating, I wouldn't wish anxiety on anyone:( I just have such a fear of loosing my nearest and dearest, I feel so alone, I barely speak to my mum, my children are growing up fast, all in their teens, my father died when my mum was expecting me, I have no siblings I feel I have knowone and I'm just a burden to everyone I feel they all think 'oh here she goes again' I hate the person I've become, why me, why!!!!

Raina Walks

Raina Walks

you belong and you're doing the right thing...posting your thoughts and feelings...

i never found anyone who knew how to deal with my mental health issues...and in speaking to many people with mh issues...they are in the same boat...that is why i guess there was a need for a forum where we could turn to each other for support...

hope posting is helping you ....i started a journal on the forum and find that very helpful...it is a place where i can write more or less uncensored about what is going on for me...

hopefully you will get more replies to your post...in the meantime hang in there...:flowers: