• We have just changed our forum software and are still tweaking things. You can log in using your existing user name and password. If you spot any problems please let us know by posting in the Feedback and suggestions section of the forum.

Watch this short film to find out how to use the new forum!

Hi, im new!

Firefly94

Firefly94

Recently had some blood tests to look into why I’ve been so tired all the time and my blood came back clear, which was obviously very frustrating for me because I’d just put the fatigue down to anaemia which has happened to me before and was sorted out with supplements. However when my doctors started asking questions about how I feel within myself, my home life, work etc something clicked.

Yes I am tired all the time, but I’m also extremely down and withdrawn from my life. I feel like I’m just going through the motions and doing the bear minimum in order to get by. I find even the smallest task unmanageable most days. I’m weepy and snappy... very unlike myself.

Then I got thinking, I’d felt like this before when I was younger. I was a self harmer then and saw a doctor about it but I didn’t feel like my doctor was listening to me. He just said I was probably just a bit sad and to wait it out.... I never went back. I’ve had similar episodes over the past few years, but I haven’t self harmed since I was a teenager, although the thoughts and urges are still very much there and it’s becoming continually harder to distract myself.

Long story short, I’m exhausted, isolated and feeling very, very dull.

Doctors appointment booked on Monday for a diagnosis.

Thanks for reading, and advice appreciated.

J

Jules5

Welcome to a good place to talk it all out. So many factors play into how we are feeling it is hard to say if it is mental life itself or just a ugly few months. I am a self harmer too. I am doing better but still continue to make smaller marks not so noticeable. One time I remember putting on 49 bandaids to cover my marks and shame. Today maybe 6 or 10. Medication helped me allot they put me on Risperdol.

I am glad you are here and once again Welcome!

Valka

Valka

Hi Firefly and welcome to the forum!

Hopefully your Dr's appointment can help you out on Monday and they can get you some help, be it someone to talk to or some medications. There are many people here you can talk to also of course, even if it's just to chat if you need.

See you around! :welcome:

Mayflower7

Mayflower7

Hi Firefly,
Welcome to the forum
I'm sorry your feeling poorly, hope you feel better soon.
Good luck for your Drs appointment.
Here to listen anytime.
Take care

Victorianna

Victorianna

Hi, Firefly- love your beautiful flower profile picture! Welcome to the forum, and I hope you get some answers and help at your doctors appointment. Depression sounds like a possibility, for sure.

Firefly94

Firefly94

Hi, Firefly- love your beautiful flower profile picture! Welcome to the forum, and I hope you get some answers and help at your doctors appointment. Depression sounds like a possibility, for sure.
Hi Victorianna, thanks for the reply. Yeah, it seems possible to me too. I’m just feeling a bit dubious about the doctors due to my past experience but that was years ago. I’m just worried I won’t feel listened to again. I don’t have any close friends who I can reach out to and I don’t want to burden my partner with it all so I feel very alone in all of this.