• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Hi I'm new!

AlexisWillow

AlexisWillow

Hi everyone! :)

I've been advised by my doctor and therapist to join a mental health forum, to try and open up more due to being closed off my entire life. I'm a sufferer of anxiety, depression and PTSD. No one fully knows what happened; I told a handful of "friends" who turned out to be horrible people who would use my past against me, even making jokes about it. I'm hoping being here, on this site, will help and give me faith that people aren't so bad.

I don't want to be scared of making friends anymore. It hurts being so alone. I'm incredibly nervous even posting this...this post has taken numerous attempts alone.

Not really sure what to say or do now, so I'll just leave it at that, I suppose. :unsure:

~AlexisWillow

Sparklypurplepaws

Sparklypurplepaws

Hi there!
We're a really friendly bunch here, you'll make friends in no time x
Hugs x sparkly x

MarlieeB

ACCOUNT CLOSED
:welcome: to the forum.

I'm sorry that your friends reacted how they did. Be assured that this is a safe place and no one will force you to say anything you don't want to.

Have a browse round and if you have any questions shout out.

We also have some Forum Guides whose names appear in Fushia. If you don't feel comfortable to begin with you can maybe introduce yourself to one and go from there. Of course you don't have to if you don't want to.

Well done for posting, I can't even start to imagine how hard that was for you :hug5:

Marliee x

*autumn*

*autumn*

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Hi alexiswillow and welcome to the forum.
I hope you feel safe here x

RainbowHeartz

RainbowHeartz

hello and welcome to the forums x

H

Helena1

Staff Member on Leave
AlexisWillow

AlexisWillow

Thanks so much for your reply, Sparkly! :hug1: x

Hi Marliee, thank you so much. I'll definitely do that. :) :hug1: x

Thank you autumn, Judazz, Helena and brat for your kind welcomes. I'm already feeling so much better about this! Thank you for your kind responses, it really is nice to see all of this support already! :hug1: xx

AlexisWillow

AlexisWillow

Thank you so much Monroe and Mark! So nice to meet everyone :D

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

Welcome to the forums. :hi:
What horrible "friends" they turned out to be. :hug1:
Although I am a bit biased, we're a lovely bunch of people here - so definitely don't be scared to reach out.

AlexisWillow

AlexisWillow

Thank you, Somerset, I'm already feeling so much better after seeing how supportive people are already! :) :hug1:

Purple Chaos

Purple Chaos

Hi AlexisWillow and welcome to the forum.

It sounds as though you've had a rough time of things and have become quite isolated. Sorry to hear about your 'friends'. Their behaviour must have made it hard to trust people. I hope that you are finding lots of support here and realising that there are still plenty of good people around.