• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

hi im new

J

juhls

Hi new to forum,found as i am looking for help for phobia thats getting worse, had this as long as i can remember, i have fear of falling on ice and snow i just freeze (sorry this is not meant to be a joke) when its icy ir snowing outside, black ice is my biggest fear as have no control at all, i can just about cope with fresh snow, cant stay in as have kids and work, tried doctors a few years ago, but gave me anti depessants and looked at me as if i was off my head.I live in scotland so this problem happens a lot.only thing that help a bit was someone suggested my balance was poor and to use a golf umberella to help, and it did a bit on snow.I sometimes have same problem with wet floors, anyone help?

M

Mastiff mom

Welcome to the forum,Juhls. Glad you've joined us. I had a very intense phobia of bees starting in adolescence. It has improved a lot. I hope you'll keep sharing with us. Hugs!

R

Rose19602

I wouldn't class my own fear as a phobia but I share similar fears - particularly driving in snow & ice since a car accident over 20 years ago....sounds daft when I write it down...so long ago but still prevents me driving without sweating and panicking.

So I understand a bit. Can't imagine how hard that must be living in Scotland with your more extreme weather. Feel for you.

Please stick around...you're most :welcome: here.
I'm one of the forum guides btw...here to help you settle in and answer any queries you may have.
Please let me know if I can be any help.
x

RainbowHeartz

RainbowHeartz

:welcome: to the forums xxxxxx

Purple Chaos

Purple Chaos

Hello Juhls and welcome to the forum.

It must be an awful phobia to deal with, particularly at this time of year. I hope you manage to find the help you need. We'll support you in any way we can here.

J

juhls

thanjs

Hi thanks for replies, and welcomes, nice to know people take this seriously, any help is appreciated, and thanks for welcome, desperate to find someone who suffers from this, i seen someone on t.v but they couldn't look at ice, i can, but struggle if its some sliding falling on it, yes what every one else laughs at, we have frost and ice, just now, but dont need to go out as hols, but good thing with frost it goes away, again any help appreciate, thanks fir book recommendations, will give them a try,juhls