• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Hi I'm new to this!

S

shadowmancer

I was diagnosed with depression about 5 years ago and have been on various medications since. I have also tried different talking therapies but I still can't seem to get control of it. I can seem fine for a couple of days and then I'll have a really bad day/week when I am trying to remember why I should be alive. I have never tried to end it ( I occasionally self harm but nothing that bad) but at times I find some comfort in thinking of how I would do it. I have been feeling bad for about 2 weeks now but have had some good days inbetween and before this episode I was ok for a month or so. This is typical of how I feel for the past few years and I'm starting to feel worn down by it. One of the reasons I believe I'm depressed is because I was abused as a child and another is my father commited suicide when I was 14. I do work but have had a lot of time off and this has caused friction with my collegues which in turn makes works difficult as everyone is fed up with me and have actually told me I should just leave. I feel very lonely, I have no friends to talk to and end up either sat at home or at work when no one wants me there. I am stuck in a rut and don't know what to do.

Lozzi_1004

Lozzi_1004

Hi and :welcome: I hope you find some support here, it's a very nice place too be :) You're not alone in how you feel either :grouphug:
Lozzi :flowers:

ms_P

ms_P

Founding Member
Hi Shadowmancer and welcome :welcome:

Lozzi's right...you're not alone in how you feel. There are many wonderful people here who will help out with info and sharing experiences.
Have a look around and feel free to post some more. :flowers:

nickh

nickh

Founding Member
Hi and :welcome: to the Forum Shadowmancer. I hope that you can find some support and encouragement (and sometimes entertainment :)) here. One thing you will certainly find is that you are most definitely not alone.

Nick.

S

shadowmancer

Thank you for the warm welcome and it is good to be reminded that I am not alone. I'm feeling more positive today. :)

honeyquince

honeyquince

Founding Member
Hi Shadowmancer and welcome to the forum. This really is a great place for support and also friendship. There's always someone around too which is great.

D

Dollit

Hi Shadowmancer. This is a good place and perhaps you'll be able to feel supported enough to make the changes you need to help make life better.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
H Introduce Yourself 10
L Introduce Yourself 16
R Introduce Yourself 12
M Introduce Yourself 5
N Introduce Yourself 12