• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Hi I'm new to this!

S

shadowmancer

I was diagnosed with depression about 5 years ago and have been on various medications since. I have also tried different talking therapies but I still can't seem to get control of it. I can seem fine for a couple of days and then I'll have a really bad day/week when I am trying to remember why I should be alive. I have never tried to end it ( I occasionally self harm but nothing that bad) but at times I find some comfort in thinking of how I would do it. I have been feeling bad for about 2 weeks now but have had some good days inbetween and before this episode I was ok for a month or so. This is typical of how I feel for the past few years and I'm starting to feel worn down by it. One of the reasons I believe I'm depressed is because I was abused as a child and another is my father commited suicide when I was 14. I do work but have had a lot of time off and this has caused friction with my collegues which in turn makes works difficult as everyone is fed up with me and have actually told me I should just leave. I feel very lonely, I have no friends to talk to and end up either sat at home or at work when no one wants me there. I am stuck in a rut and don't know what to do.

Lozzi_1004

Lozzi_1004

Hi and :welcome: I hope you find some support here, it's a very nice place too be :) You're not alone in how you feel either :grouphug:
Lozzi :flowers:

ms_P

ms_P

Founding Member
Hi Shadowmancer and welcome :welcome:

Lozzi's right...you're not alone in how you feel. There are many wonderful people here who will help out with info and sharing experiences.
Have a look around and feel free to post some more. :flowers:

nickh

nickh

Founding Member
Hi and :welcome: to the Forum Shadowmancer. I hope that you can find some support and encouragement (and sometimes entertainment :)) here. One thing you will certainly find is that you are most definitely not alone.

Nick.

S

shadowmancer

Thank you for the warm welcome and it is good to be reminded that I am not alone. I'm feeling more positive today. :)

honeyquince

honeyquince

Founding Member
Hi Shadowmancer and welcome to the forum. This really is a great place for support and also friendship. There's always someone around too which is great.

D

Dollit

Hi Shadowmancer. This is a good place and perhaps you'll be able to feel supported enough to make the changes you need to help make life better.