• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

hi,im new to this.would like advice.

E

emma

my partner has manic depression.he has tablets and a councillor,etc.i dont have anyone to talk to about how it effects me.i have tried to find out how manic depression chances people and how to help,but ive hit a blank.i really dont understand it.any advice etc would be gratefully recieved.thank you

D

Dollit

Try doing an internet search for Manic Depression Fellowship - they also help friends, relatives & carers. I have it myself so haven't a clue how the people in my life manage me.

E

emma

thank you.would you be willing to tell me how it makes you feel,as ive hit a wall with my partner he clams up when i ask.if thats too personal a question,then.sorry

D

Dollit

It's not too personal a question but it's a broad spectrum illness which means that almost everyone who has it has a slightly different experience. How I feel may have little to do with how your boyfriend feels. What I will say is that if he doesn't want to talk about it he shouldn't have to. It's a very personal experience and difficult to share. All my friends know I have it and that if affects me differently but only one or two know how it makes me feel.

Fedup

Fedup

Founding Member
Hello and :welcome: Emma :flowers:

It is hard for us carers when we don't understand thing's . Hope you find MHF supportive .

honeyquince

honeyquince

Founding Member
Hi Emma and welcome to the forum. You'll find a lot of support here - there's a great bunch of people with all sorts of experiences. :welcome: