Hi I'm new to forums

M

Melly

Hi so this is my first time on a forum. I'm just in a place in my life where I am not sure what to do. My father committed suicide last summer and a guy I really love stopped talking to me at the same time, even though he knew about it.

I have to get over him because he won't answer my calls or texts and I'm not sure why I haven't just given up already.

Also I am struggling on my medications because they've made me gain 25 pounds and I can't even handle how I look, I keep thinking no wonder he left me and that must be the reason he won't talk. Now I'm thinking I should go off my meds to get skinny again as though being skinny is all that matters and it's the only way to change anything.

I can't help myself I obsess about my weight constantly but it's been dangerous to not take my medicine in the past. I really don't know what to do.

Mister.B

Mister.B

One thing that we all must learn, is that we are number one.
I know it is unpleasant to love someone and them not love you, but the only thing that matters is that you are well (i.e - On your meds if you need them.) and that means you have to disregard the guy who is making it hard for you.

Welcome to the forum, Melly. :)

R

Rose19602

Hi Melly,
:welcome:
That was a bit of a double whammy! Ouch!
Dad and boyfriend in one hit.....no wonder it's taking you time to let go.
Go easy on yourself. Suicide is so hard to deal with. I don't think anyone manages it without talking it through with someone specially trained. Have you got a counsellor at all?

As for the boyfriend, he could have taken off for any number of reasons. No point in clinging on....he did what he needed to do and you can't control that. All you can do is ask if he will talk about it and try to understand why.

Both losses need to be dealt with. Sounds very sad hun.
So sorry you are going through this.
x

Dita85

Dita85

Hi and welcome to the forum. I'm sorry for the loss of your father and what happened after that, those are huge, tough things to deal with. I hope you will find lots of support here.

M

Melly

Thank you all for welcoming me. Your posts made me feel better about my situation. Thanks for your condolences Miss Kitty and Dita :)

Mister B you are right the rational thing to do is to disregard him as he is making it hard on me. I just have not been in my rational mind recently.

To Miss Kitty- I am currently looking for a new counsellor. I have had the same man talking to me for over 12 years, and I think it's time for a change. And yes unfortunately it is taking me too long to let go. I was hoping with more time passing my feelings would die down but they are still going strong. I have even tried going on dates and a couple of them were good guys, I'm just not ready for a new relationship.

I almost forgot to say thanks Taffy :)

Well I have posted kind of a long reply, sorry.

A

Asphyxia

Hi
am kinda new here too , my dad killed himself in September 2011
am so sorry for your loss
i hope you find it useful here

M

Melly

I'm finding it to be useful so far :) I'm sorry about your dad, I know how hard it can be. Is there somewhere you can get a private message? Because I feel for you, and we can chat sometime if you want.

Mister.B

Mister.B

If you're on a PC/laptop, Melly.
You can just click their name, and it drops down a list and one of them is private message.