• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Hi! I'm new to all this.

M

Malcolm weir

Hi everybody out there. I'm joining your discussions because I have suddenly started to have hallucinations that are very persuasive. I actually believe they are real at the time, so I have acted on them. I guess it's reasonable to believe something if you see it and hear it too. There was a Nazi gathering in the park so I called the police. Also upstairs was performing brilliant folk music, so I thanked them with a note and suggested a venue. My flat is like a waiting room at night time too.

Of course I've seen the mental health assessment team and am awaiting their response. I've been suffering from depression for ages and take 60 mg. Fluoxetine every day.

Anyhow, looking forward to hearing from you if you care to respond.

Malcolm weir

*autumn*

*autumn*

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Lovely to meet you and welcome.

M

Malcolm weir

Gee, thanks Autumnalsprinkles!

AliceinWonderland

AliceinWonderland

Admin
:welcome: to the forum !

Sorry to hear you are having these hallucinations, it sounds very distressing. I hope you get good help from the MH team soon. And that you'll find others with similar experiences here that can relate. Welcome again :)

Gibson91

Gibson91

:welcome: Malcolm. Hope you get help from the team soon. Meantime, you're sure to find support + advice here :hug:

M

Mastiff mom

Dear Malcolm, so glad you've joined us! Hope you find support here.

Purple Chaos

Purple Chaos

Hi Malcolm and welcome.

Hallucinations can be hard to cope with but not impossible. Hopefully you won't have to wait too long to hear back from the assessment team.

Davey Blueeyes

Davey Blueeyes

Hey Malcolm!

Great, you have joined us, yay!

We are a good lot and hopefully you will engage with the MH team soon. Make sure you engage in that process and welcome!

M

Malcolm weir

Thanks for all your welcoming comments. I am looking forward to exchanging ideas, experiences and support.
The hallucinations are really odd as I'm not always sure if things have happened or not until maybe a couple of days later when I realise certain things are implausible if not impossible. By then I've sometimes told people about it or acted on my experiences. I'm sure people think I'm very strange, which makes my state of mind even worse. People seem to be watching me. It's hard to remind myself that they're probably not as there isn't always evidence for that way of thinking.
But there is evidence for some whole scenarios I've seen and heard that actually didn't happen. It makes myUnderstanding of CBT not useful at all.