• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Hi, I'm new here

Q

QuillAndAHalf

Hi. I'm not going to give out my real name, but you can shorten my username to Quill and I'm okay with that. Mental health-wise, I have bipolar depression, PTSD, ADHD, and generalized anxiety. So yeah, a whole melting pot of disorders. I'm currently in my freshman year of college and the stress is drowning me. I'm physically disabled and have been having worsening problems with my health lately, and not all of my professors are understanding about it. This sucks. I almost want to drop out, but then again, I kind of also want a future and I don't see that happening without a degree. I don't want to vent to my friends, though, because even though I know they won't mind it, we've all been having it rough, and bringing down the mood of conversations isn't going to help. So I've come here, a place designed for venting and getting support.

I like to write and play Minecraft. I've recently taken up DnD, too, so that's helped me get out of my dorm a little bit. I haven't been sleeping well which is probably contributing to my stress, and I'm behind on my assignments. Once I get everything caught up and I get my desk clean, I'm sure I'll feel a lot better. That doesn't change the fact that I'm feeling rough now though, so I figured it wouldn't hurt to reach out somewhere and maybe offer my support to some other people too.

Tawny

Tawny

Staff member
Forum Guide
Welcome Quill

I'm glad you found us because it should help you to vent to us and maybe we can support you a bit too.

I also have bipolar disorder and ADHD and managed to finish my degree.

You will get there, you just have to take it slow, careful, organised, but also get some fun in there with your mates too.

Getting behind on assignments is normal but we have to be a bit more careful with stress like that. Can you take some time out somewhere to catch up?

I find getting out for some fresh air is essential when i have a lot on my mind. Are you able to get any exercise despite your physical difficulties? or get out somewhere that will refresh you?

Mayflower7

Mayflower7

Staff member
Admin
Hi Quill,
Welcome to the forum, I'm sorry you have physical disabilities as well. I hope you can progress thru your degree.
It's disgusting the level of discrimination many of us face.
Good luck. Thanks for joining with us. Hope you'll be very happy here.

Q

QuillAndAHalf

Welcome Quill

I'm glad you found us because it should help you to vent to us and maybe we can support you a bit too.

I also have bipolar disorder and ADHD and managed to finish my degree.

You will get there, you just have to take it slow, careful, organised, but also get some fun in there with your mates too.

Getting behind on assignments is normal but we have to be a bit more careful with stress like that. Can you take some time out somewhere to catch up?

I find getting out for some fresh air is essential when i have a lot on my mind. Are you able to get any exercise despite your physical difficulties? or get out somewhere that will refresh you?

Hi Tawny, thanks for the welcome. I like to go on walks, but I also feel guilty when I take time away from my work, especially when I'm behind on things. I don't really have time for a time out- the workload keeps piling up. I was down and unable to do much for a week and it's made a mess of things. I have four math lessons overdo, and on top of that I have a research paper, a presentation, two more math lessons, and another paper to do over this week alone. I've been invited to go bowling with my friends on Wednesday evening but I don't think I have time, and the disappointment makes me want to cry.

Q

QuillAndAHalf

Hi Quill,
Welcome to the forum, I'm sorry you have physical disabilities as well. I hope you can progress thru your degree.
It's disgusting the level of discrimination many of us face.
Good luck. Thanks for joining with us. Hope you'll be very happy here.

Thanks for the welcome Mayflower. I'll get through it. It's just going to be a rough and bumpy ride.

hORIzonFINK210

hORIzonFINK210

This is a especially useful forum. It used not to be. Yet i am privelaged to welcome u!

B

Bod

Former member
Hello Quill, welcome to the forum I do hope that you will settle here and like Mayflower I am disgusted how others just can not understand us at all or our needs. You will find everyone here very helpful and caring.

Tawny

Tawny

Staff member
Forum Guide
Hi Tawny, thanks for the welcome. I like to go on walks, but I also feel guilty when I take time away from my work, especially when I'm behind on things. I don't really have time for a time out- the workload keeps piling up. I was down and unable to do much for a week and it's made a mess of things. I have four math lessons overdo, and on top of that I have a research paper, a presentation, two more math lessons, and another paper to do over this week alone. I've been invited to go bowling with my friends on Wednesday evening but I don't think I have time, and the disappointment makes me want to cry.
Do you have a list? It is good to have something visual so it isn't in your head. A planner is good.

Can you go bowling for just 1 hour? Do you think getting out briefly could help you work through the backlog quicker as you would feel better?

Good luck getting through your backlog.

In a couple of years you will be in a better place for a better life.

Anime-Alchemy

Anime-Alchemy

Hello Quill, welcome to the forum.