• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Hi, I'm new here..

D

Doragon

Hi, it's a pleasure to meet you all. English is not my first language, so I'm sorry if I say something that isn't very clear. I've been going through some things lately, family issues. My mom drinks too much, my dad even divorced her because of that. My brother left home and I'm the only one who stays with her, I want to help her, but I feel like I don't know how to do it. I think I'm starting to have a serious condition of depression. I have lived a good life for a long time and it seems that when I turned 18 it started to completely fall apart. I honestly wasn't prepared for this. I have some friends, but for some reason I don't feel comfortable talking about these matters with them.

JessisMe

JessisMe

Hi Doragon welcome to the forums. I’m sorry to hear of your mother’s struggles with alcoholism. It’s certainly something a lot of people seem to struggle with and she is fortunate that you are there for her. It sounds like it has taken a toll on you and that you could use some support and an outlet to vent your frustrations. This is a place full of caring and engaged people and I hope we are able to help you in your time with us here. We are glad that you found us. xo, j

Zero One

Zero One

Hi, it's a pleasure to meet you all. English is not my first language, so I'm sorry if I say something that isn't very clear. I've been going through some things lately, family issues. My mom drinks too much, my dad even divorced her because of that. My brother left home and I'm the only one who stays with her, I want to help her, but I feel like I don't know how to do it. I think I'm starting to have a serious condition of depression. I have lived a good life for a long time and it seems that when I turned 18 it started to completely fall apart. I honestly wasn't prepared for this. I have some friends, but for some reason I don't feel comfortable talking about these matters with them.
Hello Doragon,. I had a similar situation. I'm going to sleep so I will comeback later

D

Doragon

Hi Doragon welcome to the forums. I’m sorry to hear of your mother’s struggles with alcoholism. It’s certainly something a lot of people seem to struggle with and she is fortunate that you are there for her. It sounds like it has taken a toll on you and that you could use some support and an outlet to vent your frustrations. This is a place full of caring and engaged people and I hope we are able to help you in your time with us here. We are glad that you found us. xo, j
Thank you so much for all your support, it's really a difficult time in my life, but knowing that there are people who can help me without even knowing who I am makes me very happy.

Racer

Racer

:welcome: wish i could offer advice, but i am really drunk right now. your english is perfect !!

Zero One

Zero One

Alright, take your time, I'll be free whenever you want to talk to me, thank you very much.
ut noticed that that they want no matter how by ufinancial burden on me
Thank you so much. I was waiting to turn 18 so I could be free of these people who are constantly belittling me and letting me kno now I have no class. There was a program at school which was part of class to begin one's career. I was hoping I could leave my house but my father stopped paying the bills in a very nasty way. He would not answer our calls when he usually comes to see us. My mom didn't have a job at the time and I think she was having an extremely severe anxiety issue that neither my sister or I could understand, bit it caused her to not have a regular life. I was hoping to leave at 18 and when these changes took place I was so hurt that I couldn't leave and my sister and mother made it seem like they needed me financially. I was paying a lot more than half of the rent with my sister.. A few years passed I was checking places I could possibly live at and decided to let my mom and sister know I was leaving and gave them 6 months notice when the lease would end. Then o right before that time my sister said she is leaving and showed me her new place. I was furious. The two of them love each other so much and it just felt like modern slavery living with them 😖 so my sister left and I found a nice apartment in a nice part of time. Then my sister came there to live and I was like gtf out of here you stole my freedom and now you want to live with me paying nothing and giving rent to someone else. I was so steamed that my mom and sister did not listen to me and kept doing what they do with no care of what was going on with me.

When I left I got free by marriage, but saw that I was being a crutch for my family all this time and they did much better without me there. Then I married this fucking psychopath and did not know until he told me after I lost my job in 2016 that he is a psycho and it is contagious.🤣 This one was really difficult to end and there was so much hurt and torment for a few years. This coming October will mark a year of being free. I just need to fix my divorce documents.

So I would say go, but make sure you are not getting into more traps of living with someone else.

I can't proofread this I'm so sorry.

Bod

Bod

Hi and welcome to the forum, I hope you can settle in ok and get any help and advice you may need.

F

Faded

Hello and welcome to the forum! :welcome:

I'm sorry that you're going through this. I hope you find the help and support you need. This forum is very helpful and people here are really nice.

D

Doragon

ut noticed that that they want no matter how by ufinancial burden on me
Thank you so much. I was waiting to turn 18 so I could be free of these people who are constantly belittling me and letting me kno now I have no class. There was a program at school which was part of class to begin one's career. I was hoping I could leave my house but my father stopped paying the bills in a very nasty way. He would not answer our calls when he usually comes to see us. My mom didn't have a job at the time and I think she was having an extremely severe anxiety issue that neither my sister or I could understand, bit it caused her to not have a regular life. I was hoping to leave at 18 and when these changes took place I was so hurt that I couldn't leave and my sister and mother made it seem like they needed me financially. I was paying a lot more than half of the rent with my sister.. A few years passed I was checking places I could possibly live at and decided to let my mom and sister know I was leaving and gave them 6 months notice when the lease would end. Then o right before that time my sister said she is leaving and showed me her new place. I was furious. The two of them love each other so much and it just felt like modern slavery living with them 😖 so my sister left and I found a nice apartment in a nice part of time. Then my sister came there to live and I was like gtf out of here you stole my freedom and now you want to live with me paying nothing and giving rent to someone else. I was so steamed that my mom and sister did not listen to me and kept doing what they do with no care of what was going on with me.

When I left I got free by marriage, but saw that I was being a crutch for my family all this time and they did much better without me there. Then I married this fucking psychopath and did not know until he told me after I lost my job in 2016 that he is a psycho and it is contagious.🤣 This one was really difficult to end and there was so much hurt and torment for a few years. This coming October will mark a year of being free. I just need to fix my divorce documents.

So I would say go, but make sure you are not getting into more traps of living with someone else.

I can't proofread this I'm so sorry.
Wow, you really went through a lot, I understand how difficult it must be and I will follow your advice. I plan to live alone next year, but I hope I've managed to help my mom by then, I'm afraid she'll be much worse off if she lives alone, you know, she'd feel a little lonely. At least her drinking cases happen more seriously on weekends, but it still worries me.

Anime-Alchemy

Anime-Alchemy

Hello Doragon, welcome to the forum.

D

Doragon

Hello and welcome to the forum! :welcome:

I'm sorry that you're going through this. I hope you find the help and support you need. This forum is very helpful and people here are really nice.
Hi, thank you so much! I hope to find a lot of help here and also be able to help others with whatever they need. I noticed you like Moominvalley, this animation is adorable.

D

Doragon

Hi and welcome to the forum, I hope you can settle in ok and get any help and advice you may need.
Thank you, the people here are very kind, it's good to know they're willing to help. :rolleyes: