• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Hi I'm new here, could do with some help

• Thread starter Anxiety girl 84
  • Start date
Anxiety girl 84

Anxiety girl 84

Hi there, I'm new on here, I'm struggling to cope and could really do with other people who understand and don't get frustrated at me. Support and understanding

ipanema

ipanema

What's on your mind? I know how that feels like to try to speak about it but ending up boring people up.

Anxiety girl 84

Anxiety girl 84

I can't even tell you, I suffered a mental breakdown two years ago, severe anxiety, I'm dosed up 🙄 lots of diazepam . Just lately I feel I'm being sucked back into that black hole, I feel nothing but numb towards the ones I love, I'm scared of the world at the minute, I'm so down iv questioned why I bother (my kids) , my anxiety is back with vengeance especially at night iv not slept before 4,30 am for the last three weeks. Everyone says you know what to do, use the tools you learnt you'll be fine. It's not that simple. Sorry to rant

Mayflower7

Mayflower7

Hi,
Welcome to the forum
I'm sorry your struggling, I'd contact your GP again and tell them everything.
You sound low, I'm sure your family love you very much.
We're here to listen anytime.
Hugs

Anxiety girl 84

Anxiety girl 84

[QUOTE="Mayflower7, post: 2261831, member: 24209"
I have contacted them 3 times in two weeks and am fobbed off with the mental health team being swamped and some parts haven't reopened due to Corona!
I am very down , the pack of sleep is making it worse. I feel desperate to be better.
I'm scared my partner will leave because we have both been through difficult times , I know deep down he won't . The anxiety and fear is the worst x

Mayflower7

Mayflower7

Hi,
It's horrible to feel down, I've been thru myself.
Not sleeping makes lots of illnesses worse, hope you feel better very soon.
Please see your dr as soon as you can, they can help offer support.
Therapy helps some people as does some meds.
Hugs.

Anxiety girl 84

Anxiety girl 84

Hi,
My g.p rings me weekly and has over prescribed vallium , I am really struggling, he just says we will wait for the team to contact you this has been going on for so long. Corona is effecting me due to uncertainty, I like to be in control since being unwell.
Iapt counselling won't help me because my prescription makes me high risk
The psychiatrist just shut up shop
My GP just throws more drugs at me.
I won't do anything, i don't think I want too but I sit here thinking why us all this happening do I really want to keep this up forever.
I'm so tired and exhausted of fighting my own thoughts.
Thanks for being kind x

bpd2020

bpd2020

Hello and welcome to the forum. I am so sorry to hear how you are feeling. Your GP sounds supportive to ring you weekly. Maybe they can chase up the mental health team? It should not be taking this long for them to contact you. When you say your prescription makes you high risk to have counselling, does it mean the counselling may make you feel worse?

Anxiety girl 84

Anxiety girl 84

Hello and thank you.
My GP has been great but very quick to prescribe. I'm on an extremely large amount of vallium and will have to do a withdrawal program. I don't buy them I'm prescribed.
I rang last week after a severe panic attack and they said they'd chase them again I received a letter there's a 14 week wait list minimum. But iv been waiting two years to see someone after seeing an emergency psychiatrist at that point I was desperate to the point I couldn't take anymore.
The counsellor does a risk assessment and because I'm classed as addicted to diazepam (vallium) they don't deal with that I need a bit of extra help. Two weeks of these drugs has turned into two but I can't be without them aswell as propranolol and venaflaxine (which I don't like) I dont see any of it as helping me anymore. I shouldn't be feeling like this , a black cloud over my head and falling down a giant hole all in one 🙈🤦🏻‍♀️

bpd2020

bpd2020

Oh I see. Vallium is meant to be a short term treatment. I am sorry your GP has put you in a position were your body has become reliant on it. So my understanding is they are seeing your valium as an addiction which they will not treat. That makes sense. This is very unfair as it is your GP who gave this to you in the first place. Has the withdrawal programme started?

Anxiety girl 84

Anxiety girl 84

Yes I was under the impression it would be two to four weeks to control my panic attacks.
I'm very reliant they are to me as routine as my thyroid medication.
No, no withdrawal program has begun, I feel I'm in limbo , I started at 2mg 3times a day I'm now on 30 to 40 mg a day split throughout the day. Iv tried withdrawal, it's horrible, I do need extra help.
But I'm getting no help for my spiraling depression or worsening anxiety , which has been slipping for about 6 weeks but iv got to the point where I'm concerned

bpd2020

bpd2020

I am actually shocked your GP allowed you to take vallium for 2 years. I think that is terrible and maybe you should think about reporting them. I can understand they are part of your routine. 2 years is such a long time. Why is your GP not providing you with a withdrawal programme? In my experience the slower you withdraw the less likely you will have side effects. I am so sorry your depression and anxiety is worse. It seems once this vallium is sorted you will be able to progress.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
H Depression Forum 2
Connorisnotokay Depression Forum 11
R Depression Forum 4
Z Depression Forum 6
B Depression Forum 10