• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

HI i'm new here and ready to make friends

W

Waggy Tail

Hi I'm diagnosed with scizophrenia / delusional disorder and am medicated and stable but traumatised by my experiences of psychosis - I am completely crazy without the meds so find it hard to make friends as I think only people with similar experiences could relate to me. On meds I am back to my old self - I've only been ill for 7 years and am 53 years old so had many years without mental health problems - I'm a very mellow person , I live alone and enjoy walking my dog Stan.

W

Wanttofeelpeace5

Welcome to you and Stan ..waggy tail (awesome)

F

FlowerBox

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Welcome, hope you find support here 🙏

wollie

wollie

Hi Waggy Tail.
I consider my self as a melow dude though I'm older than you, just completed a 5km walk with the dog, I'm glad you are stable now, I hope you continue to be well.

Passionflower

Passionflower

Welcome to the forum !!.

Hi I have got schizophrenia as a diagnosis. I am near to you in age at 51 years old and I have a very lovely dog called Archie who I walk every day too.

I have been ill for approx 10 years although I had anxiety and depression before that. I am on medication too which works to stabilise me but doesn't get rid of all the voices unfortunately.

W

Waggy Tail

Hi Waggy Tail.
I consider my self as a melow dude though I'm older than you, just completed a 5km walk with the dog, I'm glad you are stable now, I hope you continue to be well.
Hiya Wollie I don't know how far I walk every day with Stan but it's a fair way we walk to a nearby cemetery that's quite large and walk around there and then walk to the supermarket to get the days food so maybe 3 k it really does me good and gives me routine it's nice to be in touch with you thank you for your message Kind regards Waggy Tail

W

Waggy Tail

Welcome to the forum !!.

Hi I have got schizophrenia as a diagnosis. I am near to you in age at 51 years old and I have a very lovely dog called Archie who I walk every day too.

I have been ill for approx 10 years although I had anxiety and depression before that. I am on medication too which works to stabilise me but doesn't get rid of all the voices unfortunately.
Hiya PassionFlower what a lovely name I am so sorry to hear that your meds don't get rid of the voices do you just ignore them or do they still engage you in conversation ? my experience with voices is that to start with the conversations were quite welcome, i'm so lonely, but it always ended up dark and awful. I've been sectioned seven times , back before I was medicated and since then when I stopped taking them c/o the restless legs they cause ( nightmare ) Stan keeps me going he's small and scruffy I don't know what kind of dog he is Some people say he's a Shih Tzu ( don't know if I spelt that right ) but I think he's got some terrier in him as he barks at all other dogs and displays aggression towards them, I got him from the RSPCA about six months ago, he'd been badly mistreated in his last home, beaten and kicked, so my heart really went out to him - he's 8/9 years old and has has 8 homes before me - apart from the barking he's very mellow and just loves to chill out. What kind of dog is Archie ? I'm picturing a biggish dog am i right ? Kind regards, Waggy Tail

Passionflower

Passionflower

Hi Waggy Tail

I do try to ignore my voices but do talk to them when I am on my own. I'm sorry to hear that you have been sectioned so many times, that must have been awful for you.

You're right Archie is a big dog!. He is a Large Munsterlander and is a big softie although when he was a puppy he was a terror to say the least. I found out that he had a food allergy that was making him vicious and changed his food and he became an angel. He has got n allergy to grains so has to be on special (and expensive!) dry food.
Stan is lucky that you rescued him especially as he had so many homes.

What medication do you take for Schizophrenia if you don't mind me asking??

00Bluejay7500 (was Scapes1986)

00Bluejay7500 (was Scapes1986)

Welcome! Ask me anything! I also have delusions and psychosis!

:grouphug::grouphug:

W

Waggy Tail

Hi Waggy Tail

I do try to ignore my voices but do talk to them when I am on my own. I'm sorry to hear that you have been sectioned so many times, that must have been awful for you.

You're right Archie is a big dog!. He is a Large Munsterlander and is a big softie although when he was a puppy he was a terror to say the least. I found out that he had a food allergy that was making him vicious and changed his food and he became an angel. He has got n allergy to grains so has to be on special (and expensive!) dry food.
Stan is lucky that you rescued him especially as he had so many homes.

What medication do you take for Schizophrenia if you don't mind me asking??
Hiya PassionFlower I found your reply ! thank you for getting back to me well done for figuring out Archies food allergy you did well there I'm gonna google Munsterlanders and try to see some photos as I don't know that breed
I take Clopixol ( zuclopenthixol ) for my psychosis and it kills it stone dead i don't hear any voices or have any delusions as long as i take it my last breakdown this time last year was so terrifying that i take it religously even though it gives me restless legs which is a bit of a nightmare but better than being psychotic i get really poorly without it and am fine on it so am lucky they've found something that works i used to be on Rispiredone but that made my leg ache so badly that i couldn't walk and was pretty much house bound which was really rough seems like all anti psychotics have side effects they've tried me on several meds for the restless legs but nothings worked apparantly clopixol messes with your dopamine levels and thats what's causing it I asked my psyciatrist to prescribe me a dopamine supplement but she wouldn't so it seems like i'm stuck with the restless legs for now
I wonder if a change of meds would help you ? I would recommend Clopixol if it wasn't for the side effects ! Kind regards, Waggy Tail x