• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

hi i'm new and need some help and guidence

S

stephmajdan

Founding Member
hi i'm really struggling with my depression at the moment and would really like someone to give me some advice.

My recovery has been going well up until christmas but i am finding it so hard to keep my head above water. I just can't see a way out of this. I have reverted back to what i used to do in terms of self harming and would appriciate it if someone could give me some advice.

thankyou

Steph:cry:

Fedup

Fedup

Founding Member
hi i'm really struggling with my depression at the moment and would really like someone to give me some advice.

My recovery has been going well up until christmas but i am finding it so hard to keep my head above water. I just can't see a way out of this. I have reverted back to what i used to do in terms of self harming and would appriciate it if someone could give me some advice.

thankyou

Steph:cry:
Firstly hello and :welcome:

Have you somebody with you now?
How are the urges now?

What advice are you wanting?
We are all very supportive here and will help where we can .

mischief

mischief

Admin
welcome Steph! :welcome:

I look forward to hearing more! Let us know how we can help!

It is great you've made it here! (y)

D

Dollit

Welcome to this lovely place Steph and I hope we can help.

You said that you felt you were doing well until Christmas. That's a time of year that triggers a lot of people. Our expectations aren't necessarily unreasonable but they involve the unpredictability of other people. I've never met anyone, even the so called sane ones, who doesn't feel some sort of let down after Christmas. Those of us who have more finely tuned emotions feel it a little bit more acutely.

As for self-harm. I still do it, did it this week in fact. What might have stopped was some ice in the freezer - if you hold it really tight you get the same relief and no scars.

We're here for you - just look at some of the threads, it's easy to make friends here and, what's more, we understand. :grouphug:

Fedup

Fedup

Founding Member
Hey Steph,
First off, your not alone. I used to hurt myself when I was younger. I still want to sometimes even to this day. I have good days, bad days, sometimes bad weeks, and even bad months, and what feels like even bad years. But I know I had good moments in between to get by. Its just being able to push on and work towards those better moments that was hard. I have learned techniques and methods to help keep from falling into the depression slump, they arent foolproof, but anything helps. If you ever want to talk about anything, sports, games , problems, w/e, just want you to know, other people care.

Good luck Steph.
Hello and :welcome:

Last edited by a moderator: