• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Hi, im new, 28, skizoaffective, advice welcome

Wheelie Bin Barry

Wheelie Bin Barry

Hey all, I'm new to the forum, and mh forums in general, though I've been In and out of mental hospital for the last twelve years.

My diagnosis is Skizoaffective Disorder, but after years of various sorts of additional symptoms, particularly recently, I'm starting to worry theres more to it than that, but I've never spoken to a therapist, and when not sectioned or in home crisis care, I'm mostly ignored, only spoken to about medicine, or tidying the house, so I came here hoping to ask the opinions of other mental health sufferers, or perhaps lurking psychs, if they can relate to my experience, and point to the illness in a way that helps me to understand it, perhaps with advice on what to do next, as I'm very confused, and dont know how to deal with it well at all.

What I wrote seems relatively long, taking up a topic and the first four replies, but since my symptoms are so varied, I felt like the best way to present my illness for examination was a brief overview, even so, it reads somewhat like a short story, which hopefully wont that be boring to readers, so if anyone has a little free time to spare, is curious to learn about how mental illness affects a new member, or can sympathise with the confusion, and is willing to help me understand a little better through a brief reply or recommendation, I would greatly appreciate it, either way, it's nice to be here, thanks for having me.

P.S.The post I require advice on is called -
Beggining To Think I'm Completely Insane -
Found in the introduce yourself section,
Thanks all, be well, take care, b.

Wheelie Bin Barry

Wheelie Bin Barry

Man, I re read my posts a few times, and it seemed fine at first, but now I'm noticing loads of mistakes, like words and sentences in the wrong order, which I didnt notice while writing, or reading a few times, hopefully I'm just tired, and not mildly dyslexic too lol, there has to be a limit to how much can go wrong in one person right? :D , oh well, off to sleep.

S

squizofrenia123

Please hang in there! And, thank you for your introduction! Best wishes!

Wheelie Bin Barry

Wheelie Bin Barry

Hey man, I dont know if the forum guide has power to move posts between sections or not, and I understand this post being moved to the skizoaffective section because that's what I have, but I chose to put it in the the introduce yourself section for two reasons, one, its literally my introduction, introducing myself, two, what I need advice on is not strictly about skizoaffective Disorder, but is broad spectrum, and I want as many different types of people to view and comment, and feel this being moved to the skizoaffective section will limit who can see it, I'll post there when I'm ready, or on specific things, in the meantime, can my introduction asking for broad spectrum advice go back to the introduction page? Who can I speak to to ask on the forum? Thanks

Wheelie Bin Barry

Wheelie Bin Barry

P.S, since my introduction is here now, hello my fellow skizoaffectives lol. :grouphug:

soul searching

soul searching

Hi and :welcome: Wheelie Bin Barry! My diagnosis is also schizoaffective. This is a great safe place to get advice and support! (couldn't find your other post)

K

karl7

Hey all, I'm new to the forum, and mh forums in general, though I've been In and out of mental hospital for the last twelve years.

My diagnosis is Skizoaffective Disorder, but after years of various sorts of additional symptoms, particularly recently, I'm starting to worry theres more to it than that, but I've never spoken to a therapist, and when not sectioned or in home crisis care, I'm mostly ignored, only spoken to about medicine, or tidying the house, so I came here hoping to ask the opinions of other mental health sufferers, or perhaps lurking psychs, if they can relate to my experience, and point to the illness in a way that helps me to understand it, perhaps with advice on what to do next, as I'm very confused, and dont know how to deal with it well at all.

What I wrote seems relatively long, taking up a topic and the first four replies, but since my symptoms are so varied, I felt like the best way to present my illness for examination was a brief overview, even so, it reads somewhat like a short story, which hopefully wont that be boring to readers, so if anyone has a little free time to spare, is curious to learn about how mental illness affects a new member, or can sympathise with the confusion, and is willing to help me understand a little better through a brief reply or recommendation, I would greatly appreciate it, either way, it's nice to be here, thanks for having me.

P.S.The post I require advice on is called -
Beggining To Think I'm Completely Insane -
Found in the introduce yourself section,
Thanks all, be well, take care, b.
Welcome to the forum barry....i think you'll like this place.

HiImAnn

HiImAnn

Hi, hello I'm Ann,
The thing that helped me the most was the realization that death is just one point in an endless life. There's another side to things that cannot be seen and people like us who hear things or see or feel things have been brought closer to unraveling the unseen mysteries. It comes through trial and error and lots of pain, but don't worry about it too much because GOOD ALWAYS COMES. Just know you are doing awesome and you have friends here who understand.

Oh yea, also, everyone is brought to Earth with a guide or someone who watches you. They see what you do and understand you in the fullest. It's best to reach out and pray or write or speak to them in bad times. I feel mine with me and it gives me strength. Hold in there,

Ann