• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Hi, I'm Nectar

N

Nectar

Hi to all,

I stumbled over this forum, and I think it looks nice. Bit of background - I'm 20 and I was suspected to be Bipolar II by a College counsellor some years back who wrote to my doctor and confirmed it. I'm only just 'coming to terms' with it as it cropped up again recently when I went back for more counselling.

If it helps to know (I've no idea if it does, I suck at meeting new people :X), I like music, art, creative stuff, and I live with my parents and little brother Xel. I also have a great boyfriend, Dante, who has been stuck with me for about 2 years now. I'm also 'mum' to two turtles, Soupy and George. <3

Anyway, hope to catch you round for a chat!

~ Nectar

cloudberry

cloudberry

Founding Member
Hi to you Nectar

Love the name by the way!
Welcome. I've found this group to be fantastic, been here around a year now. I'm female, live in Yorkshire. 47. Though I keep thinking I am still 46 - not a bad thing I suppose. Memory not good!

Marlene Deitrich made a career out of forgetting her age, and I think she was great, so why not me too???

;)

Its nice to be the first person to :welcome: you. I am sure many others here will too soon enough.

I have had so much support here. Esp those lonely hours in the night when you just want to get something off your chest.

Good luck Nectar. No one here is judgemental to each other, its a very safe and respectful group. But we do state our opinions...... no point otherwise! We all need validation, you too.

All best wishes from cloudberry :tea: well, glass of wine actually but they dont have an emoticon for that :eek:(

jax

jax

Hi there,
I was just going to the Bipolar section and just this past week, I have been checking out the other sections. It is quite a lovely website. I was diagnoses Bipolar in the states 21 years ago - but my main psychiatrist didn't think I had it- or at least, she never mentioned the diagnosis. I had been admitted to a hospital a few times where she did not work and that's were I got the diagnosis.
I've been home from the States for 15 years. I have been in psychiatric services here for that period of time. However, I was diagnosed Bipolar just 3 1/2 years ago
It can sometimes be tough to get the correct diagnosis. I hope that you are being treated correctly for your Bipolar and I am sure you will get lots of support here. :welcome:
Jacqui x

S

*Sapphire*

Hi Nectar

And :welcome: to the forum.
There is a wealth of knowledge, support and experience to be found here!

ms_P

ms_P

Founding Member
Hi Nectar, and welcome to the forum! :welcome:

(A turtle named 'soupy'? That's cute:D)