• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

hi I'm lennie

R

rainman

Hi there I'm new.I'm a bit messed up got PTSD,Agroaphobia,multi personality disorder, and sick of it destroying my life and not being able to be a proper father to my kids and most of all a husband to my beautiful wife.I'm stuck in the car all the time when out at the futhest point of contact with people to reduce the anxiety =-(

MarlieeB

ACCOUNT CLOSED
:welcome: to the forum.

You aren't messed up, you are unwell.

I'm sure that your wife and kids know that you are trying your best.

Marliee x

R

rainman

Thank you marlieebee x just found this forum when I was looking for help to move forword
With finding a job.I no its a long shot but there you go.I'm a very positive person and this forum
Has just lifted my spirits knowing there people on here to talk to x am lost right now no numb as iv just lost my mother on the 23 of December. I have many friend that come round to see me and to make things that all call me Special and not in a bad way.if people say something can't be fixed then 99 out of 100 time I fix it so I know the life im leading is still one to inbrace.but would realy like to try everything I can to conquer my life and live it as since I was 16 iv been stagnant time to take the ball by the horns shall we say. I would like to also say if never used a PC or tablet before so if getting back to people is slow I'm sorry I will all ways ancer any messages I get as soon as I can work it out sorry again x:loveshower::loveshower::loveshower:

MarlieeB

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I'm sorry for the loss of your mother. It must still be really raw for you :hug1:

I'm glad you you feel you are ready to take the bull by it's horns but be careful about doing too much too soon.

What have you tried to help with your anxiety?

x

Purple Chaos

Purple Chaos

Hi Lennie and welcome to the forum.

I think we can all feel a bit messed up sometimes but we are all here to support one another.

I'm so sorry to hear about your mother. This must be an extremely hard time for you indeed. I hope the forum is helpful for you and that you're finding your way round okay. :hug1:

R

rainman

Thank you for your condolences.iv been reading Books feal the fear and do it anyway etc.not much help from my shrink don't seem to have the same one twice so opening up n rebooting my brain with one I guess I can forget that! I won't to work but finding help with setting up my own business has been a no go.every time I ring the Job centre for help I just end up with no help at all I'm in the support catorgory (were the support is iv still to find out)so every time I ring I'm fob off.it like your in a bubble with people the same as myself but no matter how much you shout you just can't be heard(the forgotten people):stomp:OK yes i get DLA but I won't to work I hate not providing for my family

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

Just wanted to welcome you to the forum. :hi:
Am sorry to hear of your struggles, but there are lots of people here who i'm sure can relate.
Hope you find this forum helpful.

Purple Chaos

Purple Chaos

Thank you for your condolences.iv been reading Books feal the fear and do it anyway etc.not much help from my shrink don't seem to have the same one twice so opening up n rebooting my brain with one I guess I can forget that! I won't to work but finding help with setting up my own business has been a no go.every time I ring the Job centre for help I just end up with no help at all I'm in the support catorgory (were the support is iv still to find out)so every time I ring I'm fob off.it like your in a bubble with people the same as myself but no matter how much you shout you just can't be heard(the forgotten people):stomp:OK yes i get DLA but I won't to work I hate not providing for my family
It must be infuriating when you ask for help and you get nowhere. You just have to keep trying I guess.

Also, as Marlieebee said, don't try to take on too much at once. I can understand that you want to provide for your family but don't forget to be kind to yourself too. You sound like you're going through a lot with your mental health issues and suffering a loss on top of this is bound to take it's toll.

I wish you well.

R

rainman

Cheshire cat and Somerset Scorpio thank you x well so far I'm finding this a pleasure all you lovely people
And you all undersed big hugs.I'm going to take it slow and steddy.don't no if I'm aloud to ask this but is there anyway I can start up a dog walk near me for like minded peaple I don't no about over people I get some day I can go out but only to a nice quiet field ect I find it less anxious if people are the same like mindedness as myself hope this reads OK as its confused me reading it back.there you go the brain says one thing then when it come to righting it down I confused x:doh:

RainbowHeartz

RainbowHeartz

hello and welcome x