• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Hi I'm Lake. I'm High Functioning and Looking for Friends. Here's my Story.

Lake

Lake

Hi I'm Lake, a 31 year old diagnosed with high functioning schizophrenia. I am a huge gamer and am looking to make friends with people who share in experiencing mental illness and game a lot. I used to be very well adjusted with a great friend group after diagnosis but they threw me out, and here is amazing and crazy story why.
I was once a very successful biologist but a semester off of graduation I was stricken with schizophrenia and my friends withdrew. After awhile I began to master my condition and they came back, be it an understandably awkward reunion. But life was good and continued as normal for a great many years. One day a friend I gamed with frequently introduced me to a friend of his, he turned out to be gay. This fellow sniffs me out, and before long were doing stuff and i'm officially out of the closet. The kicker here is that I had asked the roommate friend out first, to which he was simply not okay with it and despite being a furry apparently not gay. This sort of dynamic got weird and eroded the friendship until finally my social group ghosted me. Coming out as bisexual in addition scared off the remaining friends and family I had without a few exceptions.
I'm moving forward from this point on. You don't have to be someone else. You don't have to be super charismatic. You don't have to be super rich. Just being yourself is enough. So here I am looking to make new connections and friends. My name is Lake, I play video games every day on both PC and Xbox and listen to EDM. Hit me up and be yourself, message me or leave your info in the comments if your looking to network. Thanks for reading.

Quijas6

Quijas6

Hi I'm Lake, a 31 year old diagnosed with high functioning schizophrenia. I am a huge gamer and am looking to make friends with people who share in experiencing mental illness and game a lot. I used to be very well adjusted with a great friend group after diagnosis but they threw me out, and here is amazing and crazy story why.
I was once a very successful biologist but a semester off of graduation I was stricken with schizophrenia and my friends withdrew. After awhile I began to master my condition and they came back, be it an understandably awkward reunion. But life was good and continued as normal for a great many years. One day a friend I gamed with frequently introduced me to a friend of his, he turned out to be gay. This fellow sniffs me out, and before long were doing stuff and i'm officially out of the closet. The kicker here is that I had asked the roommate friend out first, to which he was simply not okay with it and despite being a furry apparently not gay. This sort of dynamic got weird and eroded the friendship until finally my social group ghosted me. Coming out as bisexual in addition scared off the remaining friends and family I had without a few exceptions.
I'm moving forward from this point on. You don't have to be someone else. You don't have to be super charismatic. You don't have to be super rich. Just being yourself is enough. So here I am looking to make new connections and friends. My name is Lake, I play video games every day on both PC and Xbox and listen to EDM. Hit me up and be yourself, message me or leave your info in the comments if your looking to network. Thanks for reading.
Hi Lake, I'm sorry for what you've been through! I lost some friends a few years ago too -- that was because of my psychotic break. I'm high functioning as well to the point where people say I might not have schizophrenia. I'm not that big of a gamer but play a game called Worms once a week with friends. :) Welcome!

C

Cocoa

Hi Lake
Loosing friends to this illness is tough. I'm high functioning too...

x

C

confused31

Hey Lake I have delusional disorder. If you need to talk message me. I lost a lot of friends due to illness too. I hope you are ok

Lake

Lake

Hey Lake I have delusional disorder. If you need to talk message me. I lost a lot of friends due to illness too. I hope you are ok
Hi confused31, It is nice to meet you thank you for replying. I am sorry you lost friends due to your illness, it is really tough when people leave when things get hard. Right now I am doing okay, though I dearly miss the toxic friend group I used to be a part of. How did you deal with losing long time friends? Did they claim to be moral despite abandoning you?

C

confused31

Honestly they mocked me behind my back they mocked my illness my delusions so I said f this and I sent one a message saying it was tough that my so called friends mocked me while I was trying to get back on my feet. I don't need that in my life fucking pretend friends . I find it tough I lost so many "good" friends but i try to console myself that the stigma is so strong here in Ireland people are not educated on mental illness. It's still tough I miss them but I wouldn't have done that to them when they needed a friend like so

C

Cocoa

Hi cocoa, nice to meet you! What do you do with free time?
I like gardening, walking, swimming and cooking. I love reading but often find it hard to concentrate x

L

Lab rat

Hi lake, I’m new to the forum, I will post my story when I have more time.

I’m a highly functional schizophrenic too. I’m head of design and engineering at a UK/American company based in Leicester UK. I’m married with 4 kids and 5 grandchildren despite a 20+ year history with sz and numerous hospitalisations, so there is hope for us all.

C

Cocoa

Nice to meet you Lake