• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Hi, I'm Joey

J

Joey56

I've been on many forums before, but being a person with depression, I guess it shows. People are so mean and never want to talk, (post), to me, or post on any threads I start. I've had depression for around 15 years, but it's gotten worse in the past few years. I was in my car driving to work one morning, and a drunk driver hit me. I can't believe I survived that accident. That was on 1/25/00. I broke a lot of bones and developed seizure disorder from hitting my head and rupturing most of my c-spine. It took over a year to get back into some sort of shape to be able to function again. I'm in a lot of pain, so I see a pain management doctor every month. He keeps my pain level down, but I wish I could remember what it feels like to be pain free. I don't have many friends because I like to be alone. I am married with 2 children, and 4 grand children.
Not only does the 24/7 pain depress me at times, but the future of this world depress's me. I'm 59 years old now, and every year my pain gets worse. I fear for my health as time moves on. And I fear for my children and grand kids future in this unbelievable world of hate we live in.
I spend most of my time in the forests and mountains of NH with the Lord, to get away from everyone and the hate in this world. It's the only place I'm not depressed.

B

bev42

Hi Joey, its a horrid thing depression. I suffered with it a while back but to extreme levels. I just wanted to say you've reached out here and will make friends, all be it online, but the people here have made me feel welcome and helped me a lot with something im going through, just wanted to say a friendly "hi".

J

Joey56

Hi Bev. Thank you for saying hi to me. I wasn't sure I posted this in the right place. I'm from the USA. Does it matter if I post here or in the USA area of the board I just saw?

*autumn*

*autumn*

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Welcome joey56, this is a wonderful forum to be part of. There are many supportive members here.

J

Joey56

Thank you autumnalsprinkles. You and bev42 are making me feel better already....thank you!

B

bev42

Hi Joey, I haven't been using this site long either, I think you can post wherever you like, as they'll always be someone to chat to. And it makes it a bit more exciting chatting to people on the other side of the pond :)
Hi Bev. Thank you for saying hi to me. I wasn't sure I posted this in the right place. I'm from the USA. Does it matter if I post here or in the USA area of the board I just saw?

J

Joey56

Thanks Bev. It's just that I've been on so many boards where members are so mean to you. You and the few I've met here so far seem very nice. I thank you so much for that.:)

katya

katya

Hello and :welcome:

I'm so sorry for what you've been through; that must be awful. I'm glad you can spend time outdoors and that your belief in God is fulfilling for you.

I find this forum incredibly helpful and supportive and I hope you will too.

Do you often read or engage in creative writing? I'd suggest that as maybe a way to take your mind off the pain (both physical and psychological).

Wish you all the best.

J

Joey56

Hello and :welcome:

I'm so sorry for what you've been through; that must be awful. I'm glad you can spend time outdoors and that your belief in God is fulfilling for you.

I find this forum incredibly helpful and supportive and I hope you will too.

Do you often read or engage in creative writing? I'd suggest that as maybe a way to take your mind off the pain (both physical and psychological).

Wish you all the best.
Thanks jruth. I can't read books anymore since my accident...just short stuff. They say it's due to injuries at the base of my brain near c-1 and c-2. That's OK. I have my forests and mountains where the Lord has given me so much pleasure in what He created.

Thank you again for your comment. People here seem so nice.

C

Christobel

Hello, and welcome to the forum. I also suffer from major depression, and like you I am a bit of a loner. However, I do enjoy the company of one or two friends I meet once a week. Yes you are right, there is a lot of hate in the world, but I try to look for the kindness in individuals, even if it is only passing the time of day with someone at the bus stop.

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

Welcome to the forum Joey.
I'm really sorry to hear about your accident and the pain that you're still in to this day.
It's awful that somebody else's reckless behaviour has affected your whole life.

The forests and mountains do sound beautiful and i'm glad it's something that helps you. I think being with nature is very healing.