• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Hi, I'm Becky

B

Becky Breakdown

I'm Becky, 16, and from Manchester.

I've basically come to this forum to get help in changing the way I go through life. I know I've probably got depression or something, but I'm far too nervous and scared to go get help from my doctor; so I turned to the internet and found this place. :)
I've written a proper question and posted it in the depression forum so have a look if you like.

G

gmh

welcome becky, although Im in no position to be welcoming you since I;ve hardly been here long myself but welcome Ive found this a great community to be around when your going through tough times so hope you also find it useful :)

B

Becky Breakdown

Hey gmh.
Welcome to you too then. :)

B

bevvikins

greetings lv

just joined myself...genuinely seems a mixed bag of good folks.. to offer advise and comfort..

im a mum of young lad 21,, and he started having probs at ur age,anxiety.no motivation ect... i just thought he was being a teenager..so take care of urself...and talk to ur mum. dont keep us mums in the dark.. we cant see lol

hugs.. x:grouphug:

B

Blondie

Hello Becky.I agree,you need to speak to your mum about how you are feeling right now.She wouldn't want you to go through this alone.See this as your first step to getting some support,your family next.My 17 year old daughter has a terminal illness which the family is still trying to come to terms with,perhaps we never will?Life could be alot worse for you hun so open up before you cannot cope anymore.I wish you well xxx

B

Becky Breakdown

Hey =]

Thanks for the advice. I'm sorry about your daughter. :(
I ended up telling my mum anyway; apparently my doctor sent her a letter explaining so I had to. You're right, the experience wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, she was happy I told her.

B

Blondie

Good,that's what mums are for!Never let the communication go,or the depression wins x:)